Termination and Allowances??

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by hkjazz 10 yrs ago
I am terminating my current helpers contract due to numerous reasons, none of them good but not wanting to go into it. I will be giving her 1 months wages in lieu of notice but unsure of the food allowance. Do I pay that in lieu of notice as well? Confused as I know she can only stay in Hong for 2 weeks after termination so it would seem odd to pay one months food allowance.

Thanks

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
punter 10 yrs ago
I would think there's no need to factor that in. Helpers that eat the same food as the employers don't receive food allowance.

asiaXdreamy 10 yrs ago
As long as you terminate her, no need to pay such food allowance. Be advised to give ONLY THE TICKET in physical or electronic form rather than money. Stop them from cheating for not using that.

Susie1 10 yrs ago
The food allowance is 100 hkd per day she has to travel, make sure her any holiday pay is up to date as well as her wage.

Make sure any tickets, pay etc, are written down, signed for and preferably witnessed, when she leaves your property, so that she can't turn round and claim unfair dismissal, as many do just to stay longer in HK.

You have to let Immigration know within 7 days of terminating her contract, and if any of the reasons are really bad, they should be made aware, so that at least a record can be put on her file, if it was for say theft, inform the police and Immigration. This will prevent rotten FDHs being allowed to live and work in HK for the next unsuspecting employer.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad