dvice on how to find a helper, Philipino, Indonesian, Bangeldeshi, etc

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by tioga 10 yrs ago
we are looking for a domestic helper. What are the ways to look, and advantages or disadvantages of? since l heard theres agency / levy fees even if "avoid" agency.

since we have toddlers, do they have to know how to wash, feed, take them to and from school, etc

are there any other costs, eg medical costs, flight, etc that we should be aware of?

since we love indian food, curries, do we look for a Bangeldeshi? helpful feed back please.

thanks

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
krips 10 yrs ago
My experience with Agencies has been terrible. The Agencies do not carry out background work into the abilities of the Helpers and their honesty. I find the best way is through another helper or a friend. My current helper was introduced by another helper (who introduced 3 differnt ones). I choose one (I was told upfront that she had little or no experience being given it was her first job) I had a bio-date form filled in by her and made 3 calls to talk and discuss with her. Most Indian girls learn basic cooking from their mothers - but we know they make not prepare the Indian Food according to our taste BUT taking this on board we tought her and she was able to adapt her cooking to our taste. Our helper has a cousin who has worked in Malaysia for 3 years. A good cook and took care of a 90 year old member and childrn in that family. If you are interested please contact me on my email krips@netfront.net. Sam

Please support our advertisers:

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad