Re contracting our helper

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Educator 10 yrs ago
We are processing the second contract with our helper. As I complete the green forms I have some questions:

1. What is the date of employment on the new contract?

Is it the date the old contract expired or the date the helper returns to Hong Kong?

2. I am told that for re contracting we don't need a witness to my signature. Is that true?

3. Our helper returns to the Philippines for around 16 days annual leave. We normally pay her on the 24th of each month. She will fly on the 25th. Is the leave paid or unpaid?

Thanks

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
punter 10 yrs ago
I suggest looking at the situation as continuous employment so that you don't have to worry too much about specific dates. But I would think start of employment in the new contract is the next day after the end of the old one. If there's a break in employment dates, you might need an agency to process it. (Not sure about this.)

The leave days you're giving to your helper, I presume, she earned working for you the past two years (if you haven't given her any). So it must be paid.

hkwatcher 10 yrs ago
Hi

You need to look in her passport and she what the date of expiration of the present visa. To renew you need to apply about 1- 2 months prior to the expiration of the old visa.

You need to fill out the same set of contacts as the first contract and that requires witnesses for both signatures. you helper needs to go to Immigration with her passport, the original of the first contract

http://www.immd.gov.hk/en/forms/forms/id-e-969.html#contract-renewal

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad