Helper visa application complications

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by mags231 10 yrs ago
I am trying to sponsor a helper to work for me. We have submitted all the required documents as per the HK immigration's requirements. However after a few weeks she had received a letter asking to provide more information such as full detailed resumes, and letters and pay stubs from past jobs, passport copy (even though one was already included in the application package we submitted) and an explanation of her relationship with the employer (me).

Has anyone experienced a similar situation ? If so what were the outcomes and/or issues ?

Just trying to figure out what is going on.

Thanks

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
hkwatcher 10 yrs ago
In order to work in HK a domestic helper has to prove they have worked for two years as a helper already. So to fulfill this requirement, she needs to fill out the forms that prove it along with the chops in the passport (if they have already worked in HK previously) also fill in the 988A form that can be downloaded from the internet. If they have never worked in HK a letter from a previous employer signed with the dates of employment for 2 years will also work.

If you only sent in the front page of the passport and not the back page, it is missing the encoded passport number. If you can answer the questions, they will accept and give you a visa.

BTW, if this girl is currently working in HK and quit, you need an agency to process all of this anyway. If she is another country already, you need an agency to process.

You yourself also have to prove your financial status and proof of address along with a 988B form. You can prove your financial ability by proving you have at least HK15,000 per month is salary for three months or a fixed deposit of 350,000 for three months. If you are paid by an overseas company, you can get a letter from them on their company stationery stating your salary and that also may fulfill the requirements. Good luck

Please support our advertisers:

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad