What Employers Should Look Out For!

Search  
ORIGINAL POST
Posted by SChew 7 yrs ago
We engaged Amah Search services twice so far. When our first helper resigned, they managed to find another helper for us.

Our 2nd helper shared with us after she started working with us that one of the staff in Amah Search tried to persuade her not to work for us even though my helper she has already given her commitment.

We were informed that we could have the 1st helper's insurance transferred but the paperwork was completely overlooked until we followed up 3 months after our 2nd helper has been with us. Fortunately, nothing major happened during the 3 months except for a medical claim for flu.

We wanted to share the above experience so employers could at least know what to double check and look out for.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
hkwatcher 7 yrs ago
@SCHEW
Maybe I missed something, bit why would an agency be the one responsible for an Insurance policy transfer? Are they also an Insurance agent and this was part of your agreement?
I believe these are two different operational government licenses required from the government.

There are so many different Helper packages, why would you not shop around for something that is both reasonably priced and good coverage? A Helper agency does not seem like they would offer a comprehensive list of options for choice.

Of course, if your agency agreement was for them to transfer coverage to new helper for you and they did not change until 3 months later, they would be the responsible party for not taking care of this admin error should she have had an accident.

Also why did the Amah Search find you another helper? Didn't you choose one for yourself?

SChew 7 yrs ago
Both my helpers were from Amah Search. The agency should take care of all the paper work and they admitted and apologized that they overlooked the insurance change.

Insurance package is transferrable from old helper to new helper without any charge if it's only a few months.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad