Contract renewal vs termination question

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Bfm 11 yrs ago
Hello everyone,

We have employed our helper for the lat 2 years. Her contract s up for renewal on 17th. 2 week from now. We were considering not renewing her as she is very moody and sometimes difficult to deal with. On the flip side she is excellent with our toddler son, so we decided that we would renew.

I have filled out and signed the 4 green documents plus a number of other white docs. She has brought the contracts to immigration for processing but that's how far down the line we are with renewing. She needs to go back to somewhere ( not sure if immigration office or somewhere else) with proof of my salary and proof address etc

Today she has gone one step to far with her moodiness and we have now reconsidered and decided it is best for everyone if don't continue to employ her.

Can I now stop the renewal process giving that there is only 2 weeks before the new contract is due to kick in and I have already signed all the forms Or will I have to terminate? Meaning I pay her a months salary and give her a place ticket home etc?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Susie1 11 yrs ago
You can let her know that you will not now be renewing the contract, she can leave your house on the day the first contract expired.

Just inform immigration you are not renewing it, and don't continue with the proof of pay and address.

Provide her with a one way ticket google to cheapest fare 'door to door',plus 100 hdk per day travel expenses for food during travel, and cost of transport to and from the airport either end of her journey. Give any wages due to the last day she works.

Make sure all tickets, moneys owed and anything else you give her is documented and signed for with a witness present.

As she has effectively completed her contract, she may ask for a reference, you only need to give her a simple straightforward 'worked from to'.

Any future employer, can figure out there must have been some problem with attitude. You don't have to put up with moodiness and difficulty, she should have some respect for you, as long as you have shown her respect as an employer.

Please support our advertisers:

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad