Indonesian helpers

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by forsalebyownerhk 13 yrs ago
I am really wanting to hire an Indonesian helper as our family loves Indonesian food but was unsure if I needed to go thru an agency. A previous nearly hired helper told me she had owed a lot of money to an agency I also paid that same agency fees and they did nothing to help or even notify me when she failed to show up for appt. Thanks for your help

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
axptguy38 13 yrs ago
Last I heard, Indonesian helpers must be hired through an agency approved by the Indonesian consulate.

Said agencies do tend to charge a lot of money to helpers as a placement fee. Generally a harsh environment.

Ed 13 yrs ago
You can hire without an agency but you will need an agency to process papers with the indo consulate

yufie 12 yrs ago
if u want hire indonesian helper..

I recomdate my self.

I work 6 year in hk.

If interest me pm me.

Thanks alot

Hugie 12 yrs ago
the reason the consulate needs to get involved is because they are the biggest bunch of crooks you could ever have the misfortune to deal with! Read between the lines!! Good luck!

msabbyob 12 yrs ago
To Hughie

I am sorry if you have had a bad experience with a previous helper but to make a sweeping statement like that about Indonesians borders on utter racism.

Ed 12 yrs ago
The fact of the matter is the Indonesian embassy does require that agents pay them 'fees'... if they don't pay then they don't get the required chop...

I have the direct from an agent's mouth when I asked them why they charge the helpers such outrageous (and illegal) fees...

Hugie 12 yrs ago
Hi, yes sorry to confuse. Cara is right! I was refering to the Consulate not the helpers. I talk from experience. I sheltered an Indonesian helper several years ago who got into trouble with the consulate and then immigration and finally got deported! I had a VERY bad experience with the consulate! The girls a lovely, sorry if that wasnt clear in my post!! Good luck again......

msabbyob 12 yrs ago
To Hughie

I apologise wholeheartedly! I read the post late at night and should have understood it properly before posting. Cheers

Ed in HK 10 yrs ago
Anyone recommend a good , authorised Indonesian agency that is approved by the ' crooked 'Indonesian Consulate? Agency should not charge the earth ...

Sissi.B 10 yrs ago
Hi there, just bumped into this post as I am doing some research for www.HKhelperscampaign.com. Definitely agencies should be chosen carefully as a lot of them act completely outside of what is legally permitted, force the helpers into debt and even refer them to their "friends" money lenders sometimes. Please learn more about what many organizations are doing in Hong Kong to protect the rights of foreign domestic workers and to change unfair rules they are submitted to, thanks!

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad