helper terminated contract

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Tempelhof 11 yrs ago
Hallo,

My helper terminated her contract without notice after only 3 month of employment.

As she left immediately she normally would have to pay me one month compensations, right? Anyhow she don't have money, so skip it.

My question is, do I have to buy her an return ticket under these circumstances?

Thanks for advise!

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Marilyn Alyao 11 yrs ago
Yes you have to specially when you didn't have any agreement about that before she left.

You should have told her that since she's not paying you, your not buying her a ticket something like that.

And that's should be stated on the paper that you will both sign before she left.

Since you didn't agree about anything, you have to buy her a ticket

Gee Whiz 11 yrs ago
Marilyn, again you're being selective and not telling it like it is....... the reality is:

"yes you have to buy her a ticket AND she has to pay you one month in lieu"

it works both ways not junt one way !

lagrue 11 yrs ago
Totally agree with Gee Whiz and Cara

It would seem that the helper has to pay you one month in lieu and you have to pay for the flight back.

OP I would send a letter into Immigration ASAP to document that this has happened to you before the helper files a claim against you for unpaid wages as is won't to happen.

skyler20 11 yrs ago
According to domestic contract both helper and employer are allowed to terminate contract and can leave asap w/out giving one month in lieu or paying in lieu if the employer has mistreated his/her helper or helper misbehave to his/her employer. And yes you have to buy her a ticket and for more detail you have too read dh contract or call labour.

globaltraveler 11 yrs ago
I would call immigration and labour department asap and inform them about it..You need to report it to them.They will tell you what to do and what rights you have..Always been very helpfull..

Marilyn Alyao 11 yrs ago
Ghee whiz

Yes i said she has too at my first sentence

The 2 is just me basing on situations i have heard.

I have an old friend who left her employer without a month notice. because she don't have money to pay her boss, they talked and agreed that the boss will not buy her a plane ticket going home.

And i heard some situation like these to other helpers too.

But the case that she just left immediately, like an employer terminating a helper right away without paying the wage in lieu, they can just call a police

FIFIB 11 yrs ago
Marilyn you are missing Ghee Wiz point.

You seem a bit bias

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad