DH refusing to return back to hk

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by globaltraveler 11 yrs ago
Hi everyone been in this situation? need legal advice or a nr from immigration or labour department.Tried to call but its just a hotline cant talk to anyone..

Our problem is our helper been with us 2 months she was great and nice wehad a nice relationship..Suddenly she started to be sick,home sick and work less and said she needs emergency leave for 2-3 weeks to take care of things back home..we are nice so we paid her the ticket, full month salary even left few days earlier that month plus food allowance for the next month since she promissed to come back..now she is away over 1 month she dont inform us propperly we have to run after her, how the process is going, she never knows when she will be back changing her story aso.We think she made it all up and is lying.Since 2 weeks we havent heared from her at all ..cant reach her via phone ,email..she is just making herself unavailable..how to terminate the contract?we refuse to pay her 1 month notice since we wanted to keep her and she could work that month for us..she is unreachable as well..anyone in same situation?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
HK1 11 yrs ago
No official idea, but sounds like gross misconduct to me for which you can immediately terminate. If I didn't turn up for work with these circumstances I'd most certainly be fired!!!

souffleQueen 11 yrs ago
what beancurd said. Also you may want to furnish then a copy of your sent email to her, and try to save your text messages in your sent folder if possible.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad