Employing a DH with broken contract - advice please

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Susan Duffy 11 yrs ago
Good morning

Totally completely new to the DH scene but we need to hire a helper asap. We interviewed one last night who seems right for us but she's got a broken contract. Her previous experience seems sound - 4 years with first employer, 2 years with second but the most recent lasted 10 months. She says her employer (SAHM) was resenting the fact that her baby preferred the helper to her and that baby cried for the helper rather than her own mum.

So....my question is: is it easy to employ a DH with a broken contract? I think we need to go through an agency in this instance, but I've read some horror stories regarding the amount the charge both the employer AND the DH. I know she needs to leave the country while her visa is being processed. Any advice greatly appreciated. I know we could just look for another helper but I really would like advice regarding employing this one.

Many thanks

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
AaliyahM 11 yrs ago
Try Emrys. I think they don't charge the helper.

My old helper was terminated by her ex employer and wanted to come back to HK. It so happen that I needed a helper so I asked her to come back. She specifically asked me to use Emrys because they wouldn't charge her.

Susan Duffy 11 yrs ago
Thanks Aaliyah. I've since phoned another agency and they don't charge the helper either. I think the only costs she needs to cover is her medical back in the Phillipines (around $600). Might give Emrys a call too just to see what they can offer.

Thanks for taking the time to reply!

spurtio 11 yrs ago
Josie James are pretty reasonable too and won't charge the helper.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad