Avg Salary for a non live-in full time helper

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by coreyfranklin 11 yrs ago
I'm just looking to find out the going salary for a non live-in helper. We have no children and 2 large dogs (Golden Retrievers). What kind of salary should I expect to pay? Would appreciate your feedback. Thanks.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
shoeilamb 11 yrs ago
My friend was caught by immigration depart and got fine.

aleslie 11 yrs ago
Offer $1200 for housing and see what you get.

shoeilamb 11 yrs ago
I only pay HKD1000 for boarding house.

lacmacajc 11 yrs ago
It is not illegal if your helper is stay out. I'f you don't have a place in your house for a helper she can stay out and live in a boarding house but you have to pay everything rent, transportation allowance, food allowance and insurance.

geraldyn 11 yrs ago
$1000 or 1200 for a boarding house can do IF you can sleep at night thinking about your helper sleeping with more than 8 people sharing a very small apartmnet. 1 commont bathroom and toilet together. (that is IF you care) no privacy at all and the only thing that separates her from other occupants is a peice of dirty old curtainn!!!!

Gosh!!! You go out yourself and find a room for $1000 a month if you want to take it.....

Justice4all 11 yrs ago
It is illegal for a helper to stay out UNLESS you get prior approval from Immigration, and yes they do give approval under the right conditions. You can talk to any agency about this and they can tell you it's legally possible. However, it is required that the employer must pay transportation costs, a monthly rental allowance, food allowance and possibly insurance. While Immigration doesn't necessarily post all of this information on their website, there are unwritten exceptions to the rules about DHs (and nearly everything else) that can be easily found in the green, government contracts for hiring a helper. The government's own contracts clearly reveal this possibility. If you have any further questions about this, you can always call immigration yourselves and ask them directly.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad