Which DH are easy to work with? Filip, indonis,Thai, Sri lankan..

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Agitha 11 yrs ago

Hi there!,

I'm thinking of hiring a new helper. After reading most of the posts, I m wondering whom will be more easy to work with. Your suggesions are much appreciated!

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
AaliyahM 11 yrs ago
I used to generalise both and then realised how wrong I was. From my own experience (my friends and mine), I have to say I have met very good filipinos and indonesians. My friends' helpers came over to my place two weekends ago. One's filipino and one's indonesian. I really liked the filipino helper because she was really well mannered, spoke good english and could teach the kids academically. This is only her - I'm sure other filipino and indonesian helpers could do the same though. A friend's Indonesian helper also came to my house to help with the kids. I really liked her too because she was so loving towards the kid she was looking after, very humble and hardworking. Both have very positive attitudes, smart and organised.

Now speaking about my own helpers - my filipino helper of 4 years was very organised, loving towards my kids, very responsible and hardworking. The downside was that she wanted to take control and didn't like to be told what to do. Comments had to be positive or don't say it at all. So if her cooking was saltish that particular day, we just didn't eat it and she'd know. If I were to tell her, she'd be offended. She would not let the kids rule over her either which is a good thing because I tell my kids that she's older and she's in charge when I'm not home. My problem would be her control over me as well!

My Indonesian that lasted for 1.5 months was very pleasant and loved the kids too. She fell pregnant so she went back to Indonesia. Both helpers still call the kids. Her downside was her English and she was not as hardworking but I think it was because she wanted to go home. She came highly recommended by another friend.

My third filipino helper who lasted 3 months is being terminated because she's not able to handle the job. I've had to share in her workload after coming home from the office. She was relieved when I gave her one month's notice to leave.

So based on my own experience, I'm indifferent.

If you ask me whether or not I'm a good employer, I'd say that I'm not perfect. There are employers out there who are more generous than me but also those who are less generous. There are employers who are more caring than I am but also those who are less caring. So it really depends on chemistry at the end of the day.

In a way, you just learn to live with each other's good and bad points (hopefully).

Agitha 11 yrs ago
Thanks for your reply. I agree, its really depend on the person!

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad