Agency Fees

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by dizzyhytes 10 yrs ago
I'm new to hiring a helper in HK and would like to know the process and costs of I use an agency. My questions are: what commission do they charge, what if I don't like the helper, can I change her free of charge, is it cheaper if I find my own maid and simply get them to process the paperwork.

Also, how long does a visa application take?

Thank you.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
dizzyhytes 10 yrs ago
Also, is it possible to hire a full time helper but on a short contact, or does it necessarily have to be 12 months minimum?

gracechan088 10 yrs ago
It is cheaper if you found a helper already and get them to process the paperwork via agency. You can terminate the helper if you don't need helper anymore. I just done the Dire Hire via an agency and it is quite good. I can share to you if you are interest.

dizzyhytes 10 yrs ago
Hi Grace, thanks for the info. Please could you share the agency info with me.

Question, if I sign the minimum contract (which now I found out is 2 years), then I terminate say after 6 months, do I have to pay for her to go back to the Philippines?

paulveyne 10 yrs ago
Hi,

I have a question: I just arrived in HK from Vietnam. I left my helper there. She is filipinxo. I would like her to join us. Can she enter the country with a tourism visa of 14 days and go to apply to the consulate or hk immigration or I must use an agency to arrange her visa?

Thanks for your help

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad