Do you need to use agency for employing domestic helper?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Blissie 10 yrs ago
Hi

I wonder if anyone can help. I have found a helper in Hong Kong already via the classifieds ads but it is unclear to me whether I need to use an agency or whether I can complete/arrange for paperwork myself? The contract templates of the immigration website have specimen written on them

Does anyone have any experience ?

Thanks

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
churvaloo 10 yrs ago
Unfortunately, as I can only speak of hiring domestic helpers from the Philippines, yes that is how the Hong Kong government requires them to process their working visas in the Philippines - through an agency. And the amounts could reach as much as 12K (!!!) because they have to go through so many bureaucracies and unwanted fees which is not their fault. I think usually this happens especially if the past employment of the helper you're hiring was terminated and she is going to apply for a new employer... I do not know if it's the same for others from other countries. I have heard of these humongous exorbitant fees because I am also an employer. I believe the purpose for the Hong Kong government to hire through an agency from the helpers country of origin was to discourage employers from terminating and changing helpers too often...

Please support our advertisers:

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad