Unmotivated agents and picky DHs?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by NuinHK 11 yrs ago
Am looking to hire a DH to care for our newborn baby plus basic housework. I stopped by a couple of agencies (including Emry's) in Central and gave the info they asked for.

I was informed of the fees they would charge for preparing the forms but was not asked to pay up front. They told me they would contact if the right candidates were identified.

It's been a week, not a single recommendation from them.

I got the impression the people I spoke with were not very "hungry" for business, way too laid back. What gives?

It seems to be the DHs' market: we found a number of people on AsiaXpat and contacted them but were told they were only interested in working along the HK Island line. One agreed to an interview but was no show and did not bother to notify us in advance, claiming later that she was too tired b/c her "Mam" made her do a lot of work the day before.

I guest the table has turned?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
cookie09 11 yrs ago
asiaxpat helpers tend to be spoilt frankly.

agencies can take a while especially if it's a new helper from the PH

Marilyn Alyao 11 yrs ago
Hi there

Do you consider a break contract?

we have a member in the church who break contact 5 months ago and paid the employer but the employer then called the police not knowing that she put her ring in the helpers luggage so the police believe the employer at first and she claimed that including the helpers cheap jewelry were stolen from the employer.

But praise God, after 5 months of tribunal case, the helper won the case against the employer last Friday. Her visa will expire on thursday.

You can try to interview her. Pls pm me if interested and I'll get her number when i go to the church later.

Thank you

globaltraveler 11 yrs ago
We had the same problem for years to find a helper, very bad experience with Emrys as well..We tried to hire localy but the helpers expectations were unexaptable in our case ..Time wasted on interviews, you should adjust to them, their demands their terms they say when they start to work and what they wont do for duties..We didnt need anyone starting early morning just few hous in afternoon..So I just did it all myself for years...And we are a great employer no kids just 2 pets caring understanding aso so not that much work for us was required not even cooking..Just quick clean up and pet sitting when we travel was required. We took the cost to take one from the Philipines direct hire and she is great we used Aura Agency and they were very helpfull ,polite and very quick as well, not that expensive at all..would only recommend them..My advice is take someone from the Philipines..This was my experience..Or ask friends if their helper cant recommend someone for direct hire..

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad