Australian Visa for filipino helper

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by mummybee1 17 yrs ago
Wondering anyone with experience of bringing their filipino helper back to Australia for holiday as to where I should apply visa (travel agent vs aussie embassy) and how long they typically grant eg 1month vs 3 months?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
vagabond 17 yrs ago
I applied directly with the embassy & it was quite fast process - under 3 weeks. They will grant 2 visas within 1 year period, and each visa is only for 1 month.

vagabond 17 yrs ago
I applied directly with the embassy & it was quite fast process - under 3 weeks. They will grant 2 visas within 1 year period, and each visa is only for 1 month.

TC 17 yrs ago
If you visit the Australian Consulate General website you'll find details covering this precise situation (because the issue comes up so often for various reasons). Or you can visit the office in Wanchai and pick up a leaflet as you exit the lift.

Incidentally, whilst it's encouraging to read the report above it's also worth noting that many such applications are also rejected.

s1 17 yrs ago
i applied in nov last year and it took them just 10 days to issue the visa to my indonesian helper. no questions were asked to my helper. we submitted all the correct forms and i was quite surprised the process was so simple. i have heard of rejections but i don't know what the employers did to get rejected.

you can download all the forms on the net so saves you or your helper one less trip to the consulate.

AdelaideMum 17 yrs ago
Just remeber that the helpers are not supposed to "work" while in Oz. They are only allowed the Visa if they are joining the family on a holiday, not to work while in Aust.

TC 17 yrs ago
...and maybe that's the reason behind some of the rejected applications - because the applicants are honest and state the reason for the DH accompanying them is to look after their kids etc etc (which equates to working). Good point.

sammy s 17 yrs ago
Hi,

I have a couple of questions for those who have applied for an Aust vis and been granted it. We have been filling out the application form and it asks if the helper will be supporting herself or if she will be supported by someone else (I'm assuming her employer taking her over). What did those of you who got accepted write?? I mean, she will be staying with us and for mostly eating with us and buying only whatever she personally wants to buy. Jusy not sure what 'looks' better to write....and we've bought the ticket already so I'd REALLY like her to come(plus she's really excited about coming with us!)

sammy s 17 yrs ago
Thanks Woody. I actually called the Consulate today just to ask a few questions and check the cost etc. How long has your helper been with you? Am a little worried they may have a problem with the fact she has only been with us a couple of months. We'll see I guess...

beetle 17 yrs ago
Sammy S,

Just wondering how everything went. We are planning to bring our helper with us to Oz in September. She too has only been with us for a few months...

Cheers.

yoyogame 10 yrs ago
Hi there, want to take my domestic helper to australia Nov 2015. Some recent changes to the visa since 2013 i read on the consulate website. Anyone has experience recently with this? I know my domestic is not supposed to 'work' but rather just to join the family for a holiday.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad