ORIGINAL POST
Posted by hkwatcher 11 yrs ago
http://hongkongnews.com.hk/recruiters-stop-sending-of-ofws-to-hk/

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Marilyn Alyao 11 yrs ago
Not all agencies stop recruiting

There are still some who do it illegally

And now i heard that what the agency is doing in the Philippines is you will pay like Php 5,000 but when you come here, you'll have a salary deduction of hkd 3000 for 6 months. You don't jave choice here cause the employer gives the salary in e agency and you'll get the remaining 920

When i applied here, i paid Php 50,000 in the Philippines and hkd 9000 here for 3 months.

hkwatcher 11 yrs ago
It is my understanding that a group of agencies asked the Phil. govt body for a standardized fee of one month's salary instead of the current law which is zero.

This seems to me a reasonable fee to finding a person a job. It is common all over the world to pay a fee for someone to find you a job. Agency salaries, rent etc cannot be met by a zero payment. Under the current law a zero fee, gives an opening to charge outrageous fees because it is all illeagal anyway!

If a set fee was in place, it would be measurable and also accountable to any agency. The Phil govt is not a proactive one, it is reactive and I understand this group of agencies promoting this act are going to make things very difficult for any girl coming to work here in HK. Sort of like crossing a picket line. At the least it will make it hard for girls to come to HK, so if you have someone you want to hire, you'd better send them to Macau instead to wait for the visa.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad