Procedure for helper leaving after 3 years?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by wombles 11 yrs ago
Hi, our helper is leaving by mutual consent after being with us for nearly 3 and a half years. She wanted to leave in May/June but as we have a little one due in a few months we thought it best if she left earlier so our 3 year old can get used to a new helper before the baby arrives. We all agreed that she would leave at the end of December. I know I have to provide a ticket back home but what else is she entitled to?

Thanks in advance.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
rakedavids 11 yrs ago
her salary until the day she is due to leave , monthly allowance and at least 1 day transport allowance of $100 (maybe more depending on if it takes her more than 1 day to get home from Manila).

If neither party is paying the 1 month in lieu - I suggest you write an agreement letter that both parties are waiving their right to this and employment contract is terminated with mutual agreement. Make sure you send this in to the immigration dept...

wombles 11 yrs ago
Thanks, whats the one month in lieu? We came to the agreement in October.

rakedavids 11 yrs ago
one month in lieu is in case you want her to leave there and then you have to give her one months wages as a "payoff" for accepting to leave immediately. she would have to give you that if she wanted to leave there and then.

if both parties mutually agree to waive it, you need to write and sign that.

Good you came to that agreement already in Oct and the wages in lieu of notice is not necessary.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad