Am I borrowing Trouble

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Artois 10 yrs ago
I have a good friend, who is right at the start of what I believe is going to be a nightmare situation. Since know your rights is the best defence - ah, well - here is the sorry tale in brief:

1. Helper is half way through a second contract

2. Helper is brilliant and much loved

3. Helper has met a new man - around 3 months

4. Helper is suddenly very clumsy - she *walked* into a door

5. Helper announces yesterday she is pregnant - 2 months

6. Helper has also announced that she will leave employment in 2 months, but will stay in HK with new man

7. Employer very worried - welfare of helper first and of course that they protect themselves.

I don't think that her helper on her own would ever dream of behaving badly to her employer. But she is not on her own any more.

So am I borrowing trouble? I do think, with this man directing her, she is going to make my friends life rather difficult. Oh I hope I am wrong.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
souffleQueen 10 yrs ago
Please ask your friend to let the helper put it in writing with her signature that she is going the leave her job in two month's time. This is a MUST.

If she's reigning, how can this be too much trouble to your friend? She has ample time to find a replacement now. As fro the helper, How she can stay in HK after their contract's been terminated is the helper's problem, not your friends.

The "clumsiness" can be attributed to the fact that she's

on the early stage of pregnancy.

souffleQueen 10 yrs ago
"flooding" due to a terrible connection. My apologies and ED, kindly delete the others, please.

Thank you.

Artois 10 yrs ago
Query - someone else responded to this post earlier, with an inoffensive post - where is that now?

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad