DH salary

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by hkmama1 17 yrs ago
When is a DH entitled to start receiving extra pay ie. the bonus or retirement upon leaving. i mean mine has been with me 4 years almost and we are debating whether to renew contract for third time. i heard i need to pay more salary or is it they then start to earn retirement money....?

she has indicated that she will likely go home - mum's orders but i still would like to ask her.

thanks

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
dagregado 17 yrs ago
she is entitled to long service pay after 5 years with the same employer

hkmama1 17 yrs ago
lol meant long service but couldn't think of the word. she has mentioned to me that u may only renew her contract with me for one year. so if she worked for me for just 5 years then went home do i owe her long service? thanks

dagregado 17 yrs ago
As long as she has served 5 years continuously, she is already entitled to long service pay, regardless if its 5 years exact or more....whether she is terminated or finished contract.

sydexpat 17 yrs ago
As your current helper has worked for you for almost 4 years, you will most likely be liable to pay her severance pay, in any event.

hkmama1 17 yrs ago
is that right? never heard of that sydexpat.

sydexpat 17 yrs ago
"An employer should pay severance pay to the helper if she:

(a) is dismissed or the fixed term contract is not being renewed by reason of redundancy; and

(b) has not less than 2 years of service with the same employer immediately prior to termination."

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad