Helper on maternity Leave - Stay out ?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by eeiagm 7 yrs ago
Hi,

I wonder has anyone experience of this situation.

My helper wishes to stay out in HK with her boyfriend for the duration of her maternity leave. His sister is also there so she can have "family support" during the last month of pregnancy plus around the birth.

This is ok with me as I will need her bedroom for a live-in to cover for her during the maternity leave plus the time she will spend in her home.

I want to support her but I am concerned that will breach the rules relating to helpers. I can't find any advice on this except the general ruling that helpers must live-in.

Has anyone found guidance on this.

Thanks.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Kus Kus 7 yrs ago
Shes on leave so that should be the same situation as a holiday. Check with labour and immigration.

dussally 7 yrs ago
You can whatsapp my friend who is a domestic helper agent, I think she can answer all your questions. Her name is Susanna Ng: 66298319.

lagrue 7 yrs ago
I would call immigration directly as Krus Krus suggest. It should be a cut and dried situation. In my experience domestic helper agents have been known to give imperfect information and you will have no recourse if it all goes U shaped if you rely on anyone other than the Immigration Department. Good luck.

eeiagm 7 yrs ago
Thanks for the replies. Will post any further information.

Kus Kus 7 yrs ago
Labour will take about a week to reply. .

romeoandjuliet 7 yrs ago
Hi EEIAGM,

Did you find out the info you were looking for? I am about to go through the same situation myself. The government don't make this easy. Can I ask, did you manage to get a full time helper for maternity cover? I'm finding this very difficult as helpers need to be on contract so it looks like I may need to sign a 2nd helper for 2 years (which I do not need or want.) Any Advice appreciated.

Thanks

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad