tankless hot water - how to adjust

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by rasbro 14 yrs ago
really the only way to resolve the issue is to purchase a new unit which should have better temperature control. it sounds like the thermostat switch in yours is not operating efficiently or quickly enough to adjust. i assume this is also more of an issue in colder weather simply because the incoming is at a much lower ambient temperature...

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
axptguy38 14 yrs ago
Had the same issue, winter and summer. The easiest way I found was to have the hot water on full all the time, then adjust temperature with the cold water. This only works if you have two taps and not a mixer of course.

hmm 14 yrs ago
We had the same problem until the towngas man came and told us to take off the shower head, which was a volume control one with fancy settings, and to get a simpler free flowing one. The increased flow allowed us to better control the temp... not sure if this will work in your case...

axptguy38 14 yrs ago
I think I know what he did. I remembered when you said it. "Gunk" collects in one of the outflow pipes. We had this happen a few times. The guy unscrewed a little cover, the water poured out, he fiddled around to get the gunk out, put it all back together. All fixed.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad