HSBC - Account cannot be operated

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by _Argus__ 15 yrs ago
I've tried to deposit rent into my landlord account and I got error code 04 (Cancelled) which stands for "Account cannot be operated"

Then I tried to walk in and deposit in person, the staff wouldn't tell me what is wrong but advised not to deposit after 10 mins of discussion.

I tried to call the landlord, but couldn't reach. "The number you've dialled is temporarily disconnected."

I don't know how to reach him.

My questions are:

1) What does "Account cannot be operated" mean?

2) What would be logical next step?

Thank you.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
punter 15 yrs ago
The account may have been frozen legally.

denisiel 15 yrs ago
Make sure you document that you tried to pay the rent as described above in a letter and send by registered mail to your landlord's address of notice in your tenancy agreement. You may wish to also inform your real estate agent as well and document in writing.

_Argus__ 15 yrs ago
I've lived there for 3 years and we've had minimal contact. Only by mobile phone.

The agent who found the flat for us went out of business about 2 years ago. I'm not sure about residential address. I'll go home and check the contract if there's a residential address on the contract or not. Thanks for the ideas, if I find the address I'll send a registered mail. I hope it's not as bad as death.

drm888 15 yrs ago
Send a letter to the Landlord at the legal address. It should be noted on the lease.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad