Furniture delivery to South Lantau?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by deblisa 12 yrs ago
Hi all

We have recenly moved to HK and staying in an apartment on HK island temporarily. In a few weeks we move to South Lantau....I wish to buy some furniture (sofa etc) from IKEA but they don't deliver to all parts of South Lantau...does anyone know of any removal firms that do (eg have the closed permit already!) or any local South Lantau firms that will collect it for us from Causeway Bay? Thank you

Deb

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
jem 12 yrs ago
There are a couple of companies - Hong Kee (in Pui O) that will do full house removals. The boss - Angus - is great to work with. The other company is the gas shop in Mui Wo that have a van - also really good. I've got both numbers in my phone under 'van' so not sure which is which ... but numbers are 2984 2268 or 9722 1551. Hope this helps. They will pick up from anywhere in Hong Kong - and Ikea should be used to working with them too, as i've had stuff from Ikea delivered a few times.

deblisa 12 yrs ago
Great, thanks very much Jem!

rob378 12 yrs ago
Do they charge a reasonable fee having control over the market on South Lantau?

Actually, the closed permit zone on Lantau is not well patrolled, and im certain that you can find many delivery companies who will deliver there without having a permit. Delivery services in HK are very very cheap.. and you can get things moved at an hours notice (even on a Sunday night). Supply out weighs demand.

If the companies recommended on Lantau are reasonably priced, then its the obvious choice. If not, there is always another way of getting things done.. this is HK! Just make sure you dont pay more than you need to!

deblisa 12 yrs ago
Okay thanks for the tips Rob. We are having delays getting our removal delivered to S Lantau as the HK subcontractor employed by our Aussie removal company doesn't have the Lantau permit (and as we are not yet living there, it's taking a little while to get proof of residence etc to put in the application!). So thought I'd investigate things from the other end to avoid delays with the new furniture.

jem 12 yrs ago
deblisa - have you found a place on south lantau yet? know of a great house with big garden available soon. pls pm me

deblisa 12 yrs ago
Hi Jem

Yes, thanks we already have a place :)

ighlander 12 yrs ago
Ikea DOES deliver to South Lantau. To all the villages along the South Lantau Road, to the Ferry Pier area in Mui Wo and to the villages of Mui Wo. They will trolley stuff from the carpark by the rubbish centre to Tai Tei Tong, Luk Tei Tong etc and if there are no cops around, will sometime take the risk and drive along the EVA to the village.

I have had several deliveries made. No problem.

The Lantau-based delivery services are expensive and won't acknowlege that tis relatively easy to get a closed road permit nowadays. For household delivery, your removal comany should get one, no problem. You no longer need to sponsor it so it doesn't matter that you haven't got your proof of residence etc

deblisa 12 yrs ago
thanks for the info re IKEA, yay :) We were asked to provide proof of residence to furniture removal company for their permit app - all done now though. Thanks.

TTD 12 yrs ago
That's great that you have everything sorted out...yes, it is a bit of a hassle to get some things delivered here but once you've gone through the 'big' move, you won't need to do it again as I'm sure you will love it out here! If you need to know anything else, please don't hesitate to send me a message!

Hope the move goes well,

Cheers!

deblisa 12 yrs ago
Thanks ttd :)

Susanlaw 10 yrs ago
Any more recent Van guys please? need to move 1 item from central,

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad