Possible scam by tenant

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by joneott 10 yrs ago
Complicated and stupid of myself.

I found a room in property, Asiaxpat under share flat category. The tenant, an Indian lady, claimed herself as tenant got the flat from owner. Her story:

1) Got the flat in Dec 2013

2) She did not live there

3) owner not fix things for her and she needed to fix everything

4) so many story telling I could not even put here

My main question to her was if she and her Pakisten boyfriend living in the flat. I clearly told her I was attacked by a French roommate before and I am only looking for female flatshare.

Fact:

I viewed flat on 18 Jan, 14

We signed agreement on 20 Jan, 14

Starting date 4 Feb ~ 3 Jul, 14

She moved in with her Pakistan boyfriend before 2 Feb.

afterward, I stayed only two months and I moved out. Two months nightmare, the couple quarrel, fight and make love all transmitted sound to our adjourning rooms.

Action: I filed to small claim tribunal for misrepresentation and exit of building is in not good condition.

1st count on 21 May: She needed a Hindu translator before the Judge starting in 5 mins.

2nd count on 30 May: She claimed she did not understand the agreement, I filled everything and made her to sign, mediator request both parties put details claim and defence.

3rd count on 4 Aug.

I flatshare rooms with owner or tenant or subdivided rooms company since 2002.

I never came across this situation.

After writing a 5 pages of claim, regarding what she said before and after signing the agreement.

I started to find her suspicious:

1) owner never knew she was doing sub-let

2) owner may not sign lease with her, perhaps it is a middle person, and then gave her a key.

3) Her writing is like a kindergarten child and claim herself could not understand English on the phone

4) An illiterate hiding a boyfriend (no need to work and not even show up in the court) could not pay HK$40000 for deposit and rent in advance

5) If she is a sub-let person, she should know there is a huge demand for rent under HK$6000. There is no need to lie about.

6) That is why I start to guess she did not "get" the apartment, she just happen had a key and pretending herself is a real tenant, fishing on the ad on internet to see who will get hook. Then once you sign the agreement and paid deposit, then she pay another half to middle person.

The thing is I do not know how to reach the owner, if I have prove and I would like to call police for internet fraud rather than waiting result of small claim tribunal.

I am not sure I really can claim my loss of moving and salary. I want to know how to throw her in jail and how to find the prove.

Please support our advertisers:

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad