Sending stuff home? How?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by bcoover 18 yrs ago
How do you send stuff - ie 200 cd's, 100 books a wardrobe of clothes, and personal smaller items overseas? (ie NO furniture or big stuff) The minimum charge from many of the relocation 'experts' is 10-15K. this seems reasonable for a flat of furniture/items but truly exhorbitant for my needs.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Claire 18 yrs ago
Pack 'em into smaller boxes and send them by surface mail with HK Post, it sells boxes up to 30kg max and is very reasonable.

DISCLAIMER:

The inclusion of any specific commercial product, business, website, practitioner, service and/or facility contained in this post does in no way constitute or imply an endorsement, recommendation or favouring by the poster/member.

This post is not intended to replace personal and independent evaluation of any specific commercial product, business, website, practitioner, service and/or facility.

The poster/member is not responsible for any errors or omissions and shall not be held liable for any improper or incorrect use of the information described and/or contained herein and assumes no responsibility for anyone's use of the information.

crj 18 yrs ago
Through HK Post, you can send you books and papers by something called 'book rate' which is much cheaper.

Claire 18 yrs ago
cara> I've tried to be helpful and pass on the information I have gleened over the past twenty years in HK, but I have become weary of the editorial decisions regarding suitability. One never knows if a response will be edited or completed deleted - as in the case of a chocolate cake recipe I posted in response to a thread. Recommendations are, in some cases, simply no longer permitted. I'm curious to see how my responses are "treated" with this disclaimer. I think it covers all the bases but I'll hold off judgement till the next chocolote cake recipe...

Feel free to use it! LOL

bcoover 18 yrs ago
errr...feel free to post about posting stuff overseas, i think the highjack a thread thread was elsewhere...

Ed 18 yrs ago
If anyone has a problem with respect to why a post was removed please do the following:

1. Check the rules to make sure none were broken

2. Check your control panel inbox - often we move replies to a more relevant forum and will send a notice to you.

3. If you still dont know why your post was removed please send me a message directly with details of what was removed.

Claire 18 yrs ago
You can try sea freight companies which will be cheaper than "relocation experts".

crj 18 yrs ago
It sounds like you don't have much, if you don't mind packing yourself, HK Post is really your best bet.

tui 18 yrs ago
can anyone tell me how much they charge to send 30kgs to New Zealand. Cheers

44 18 yrs ago
HK$2137 by Speedpost.

http://www.hongkongpost.com/eng/postage/index.htm

crj 18 yrs ago
And speedpost is the fast expensive one - you can opt for surface or bulk and it will be cheaper.

For Bulk you are looking at about half the cost of speed post!

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad