Buying Fabric

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by fairybell 18 yrs ago
I have been to Shenzhen to look at buying material(fabric). Does any one know of any place closer (Kowloon)that has a wide variety of material to buy by the metre/yard.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
baby04 18 yrs ago
Sham Shui Po, have lots of Fabric stores. Can't remember the name of the streets, but there has been previous threads on this.

Indigo88 18 yrs ago
Sham Shui Po

Stree name : Tai Nam St, Ki Lung Street

There are like 3 streets all next to each other.

fairybell 18 yrs ago
Thanks heaps..... Do these places have all types of materials like cord, childrens novelty prints? I am also after some material to make up bed linen.

fairybell 18 yrs ago
knowitall- Where would you suggest?? Do you know anywhere other than Shanzhen?? Thanks in advance

Indigo88 18 yrs ago
Actually... Tai Nam Street and Ki Lung Street has good and bad quality. I really think you should check it and see for yourself. Considering it is in HK and would not take you more than an afternoon.

forest 18 yrs ago
Sham Shui Po. Lai Chi Kok Rd and Yen Chow St. Yen Chow Hawkers Bazaar its on the corner ... full of short meter lengths ..cheap ie: $30 for chinese cheong sam material etc. need patience to look though.

And near by all the whole sale buttons ribbons etc!

BlueM&M 18 yrs ago

Tai Nam St in Sham Shui Po has all qualities of fabric - it is just a matter of having the time to look.

JohnMclarry 9 yrs ago
Hi,
I was used to getting my fabrics for shirts from Sham Shui Po in Tai Nam Street and Ki Lung Street.
To be honest the quality didn't do any justice.

If you are willing to pay for then you can try getting premium quality material at Saviero. I regularly get materials for my shirts and trousers from them and get it all made with my tailors.
I got about fabrics for about 4 shirts & 2 trousers (italian brand)

For 4 shirts I paid $1800.
For 2 Trousers I paid $ 2500.
They are located in Hung Hom and have a huge variety of collections changing from time to time.

Cheers,
John

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad