ear/nose piercing

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Ed 18 yrs ago
http://www.asiaxpat.com.hk/partner/hairdressers/

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
mlkh 18 yrs ago
I went with a friend to get her tongue done - I don't think the actual tongue piercing hurts so much, but the couple days after is a bit annoying what with the swelling. Be prepared for a soup diet!

Also, another friend got it, but he had pretty poor personal hygiene, so he had healing problems. Keep clean, and you should be fine.

cd 18 yrs ago
The Hairdressers in Wyndham street does piercings, my daughter just got her belly button done there.

Ms. Pacman 18 yrs ago
There is a less expensive option in TST. A shop in the Updatemall on Nathan Road does it and the prices are quite reasonable. The lady's name is Tracy.

I got my tongue pierced there and it was and is still perfect. But first you should check whether any major veins run through the middle of your tongue (possibly not but there are a few exceptions where people cannot get tongue piercings because of this).

I think its HKD400 for the tongue piercing including basic jewellery (barbell). But as mlkh mentioned, be prepared for a liquid diet (I myself preferred yoghurts and ice-cream! lol).

yeyoatmeal> This lady in TST also does nose piercings. But be warned, the nose piercing generally hurts more than the tongue piercing - I have no idea why but every single other person I asked told me the same thing!

If you guys are interested, I can dig up her card and post her number here.

D-Man 18 yrs ago
Nose piercings do hurt and with a doubt bring a tear to the eyes. Toungue piercing is one of the leasat painfull of all body piercings. With any piercing you just need to watch for hygine. Most places in HK are quite lacking in this department and dispite what anyone of them say if they dont have an 'Autoclave' sterilizer they are not sterile. This is the ONLY machine that can fully sterilize the jewlery and equipment.

I wonder if people choose to go to a doctor or a surgeon because they are cheap?

D-Man 18 yrs ago
Kurtz, if you want to keep it a secret then dont do it. You HAVE to use a surgical steel bar and cant change it until its healed (about 2 months). Now does cheap and hygenic go together? If your looking for a place that is open after 12 midnight could i assume you may want a few frinks first? if that is the case plesae dont do it.

Ms. Pacman 18 yrs ago
yeyoatmeal, she's recently moved to the building next door.

She's now at Chungking Express mall on Nathan Road. You can't miss the bright sign. Her name is Tracy - mobile: 90269632.

I suggest you call in advance to find out whether she will be there. I haven't tried the other piering people.

Good luck

D-man> Do you guys do tongue piercings? How about lip? Mine has closed and I want to get it done again.

D-Man 18 yrs ago
Kurtz, ok sounds fair although i think your gf may like the idea. One think you can do is have the piercing done a little farther back so its less noticable but that does depend on your tounge.

Ms. Pacman, yes we do tounge and lip. The cost will be between 400 and 500 depending on what jewlery is used.

D-Man 18 yrs ago
Kurtz, yes i opened Primal Piercing which was HK's first professional piercing studio in 1997. I now operate it out of The Hairdressers in Central. I still believe we are the only studio to use correct autoclave sterilisation.

D-Man 18 yrs ago
Kurtz, good to know your happy with your piercing but do keep in mind it takes 2 months to heal and infections are still possible if your not carefull.

We dont use kits as they are really only used by amatures or home piercers.

Just to let you know we are opening a new studio next week in cwb so look out for some opening promotions there.

devoncouple 18 yrs ago
D-Man, Do you do male genital piercings? Thanks

D-Man 18 yrs ago
Kurtz, our new studio will be at 1F 51 Patterson St CWB. Dude 700-800 is expensive for an eyebrow piercing, we do it for 400.

Devoncouple, yes i do and have done many. What are you interested in?

devoncouple 18 yrs ago
D-man,

Some kind of frenum arrangement. What would you conservatively say would be the average healing time for one of those before one was able to recommence . . er . . well, you know LOL

D-Man 18 yrs ago
devon, a frenom piercing takes about 2 months to heal. Of course it is adisded not to have contact with other bodily fluids during the healing period but lets get real here, it will be uncomfortable for about one week to 10 days and provided you use a condom your pretty safe. Of course always clean the piercing as soon as your able after any activity.

devoncouple 18 yrs ago
D-man, that sounds do-able. I'll be in touch :)

mamadavid 15 yrs ago
Hi all. Does Primal Piercing still exist, D-Man? My daughter got her nose pierced at StarCrost on Granville Road a month ago, and needs to get an "invisible" stud for it now as her new school doesn't allow nose jewellery. Ross at StarCrost is out of town, it seems, so we're trying to find another (clean and reputable!) place to remove the existing piece of jewellery and replace it with an invisible one. She is not supposed to try to remove it herself for another month. Any suggestions appreciated.

axptguy38 15 yrs ago
For ears: Isabella in Queensway Plaza and a couple other places.

For nose/other: Star Crossed on Granville Road. Google it.

SimranHK 11 yrs ago
Kurtz, dats weird, I got my nose pierced there and it cost me $300!!(including the stud of course) did the price increase or smth?

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad