Q re HK Disneyland?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Mrs Miggins 18 yrs ago
Regarding HK Disneyland.

Are there any babychanging facilities there?

What's the food like? Is it all MacD's and other usual junk or is there actually edible food available. Do I need to take a picnic?

What spots in the park would you recommend that we head for to keep our little guy (age 1 year) amused?

What's good, what's not worth bothering over.

I know that a one year old won't fully appreciate DL but we are leaving in Nov so at least got to check it out before we go.

Thx

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
pzam 18 yrs ago
I agree with the Lion King musical. though there are some fireworks towards the end which might scare your son. There's a water fountain playground/feature that he might enjoy, if you don't mind getting wet too.

Don't suggest you bring food/drinks for yourself. They check at the gate. I think you can only take in food stuff for the baby.

The parade is fun and so is the merry go round. Lots of things to see. Enjoy your day at the park.

cd 18 yrs ago
They are fine with you taking bottles of water in, (was there 4 weeks ago), and we all took water in, one of the kids with us even took a bottle of iced squash, it was fine. The drinks are actually quite reasonable, $10 -15 for a bottle of water depending on which stall you buy them from. There are water fountains by the toilets where you can refill your water bottles. Fodd is also reasonably priced. One burger/chips place, the rest noodles and rice places. 3 or 4 proper restaurants if who want to, but haven't tried those. I took 4 7 year olds and a 4 year old last month, they loved the Lion King show, There isn't really that much for 1 year olds, but they will probably just enjoy walking round looking. The winnie the pooh ride is lovely, but always the longest queue, definately get a fast pass for that. He will probably love Buss lightyear too, probably too young to shoot, but will love all the colours and ultra violet lights. The jungle river cruise would be OK too.

pennypots 18 yrs ago
pzam - in regards to the water fountain playground - there was an article regarding this in one of the papers recently saying that it was a new attraction to Disney, however it also mentioned that the Health Department had tested the water and found e-coli in it as the water is not chlorinated. It really is a fun attraction, however I have kept my children out of it due to reading about the e-coli, do you know what the out come of this was, and is the water now chlorinated? it is safe to use?

pzam 18 yrs ago
I didn't know about that. We went to the park 2 months ago and my 5 year old neice and her 9 year old friend had fun playing in. Haven't been back since. I tried checking the Health Dept website but can't find anything regarding it. Do you remember when the finding came out?

my thoughts 18 yrs ago
We've been to Disney quite a few times, beginning from when my daughter was 2 1/2, and even at that age, there were quite a few things that were just far too loud for her. She's on the more noise sensitive side, but I think the stimulation of Disney can be overwhelming for the littlest ones. The parade, for one, was far too loud, as were several of the shows and even the Pooh Bear ride (mainly quite dark but with sudden bright lights and overall noise) which is a bit weird, seeing as Pooh's market really should be the smallest children...

If your child is even a bit like ours, the dumbo ride is a better bet, as is the train that goes around the perimeter. Meeting the characters is always a highlight (she still thinks it's hillarious they're all so BIG), balloons are good fun, the raft ride and exploration of Tarzan's tree house, the piano players and barber shop quartets on main street...you get the idea.

There's not much shade there. If you go on a bright day, you'll all be glad for a sun umbrella.

The food is fine and inexpensive, but for a one year old, I'd bring his own.

:-)) 18 yrs ago
Agree about the Pooh Bear ride - my 2yo daughter was a bit shellshocked by it. She also loved Dumbo and the raft ride (although volcano at the end is a bit scary).

pennypots 18 yrs ago
pzam - the story came out over the Summer Vacation just after the new water attraction was opened. I wish I knew who or where to look to see if the water has now been re-tested and is clean as it really is a great attraction, however until I know that it is e-coli free I am not letting my little ones go any where near it.

SuzieW 18 yrs ago
Just been there last week on my own with my 20 month-old daughter and it far exceeds my expectations.

Staff extremely friendly and helpful, excellent baby facilities, we went during weekday and arrived early, no queuing for the rides or the characters. I found that only Dumbo, the Carroussel and also Mad tea cups are really suitable for small ones, my daughter was really quiet during the Winnie the Pooh ride, and she would not have really known whether it was enjoyable or scary, if it wasn't for me being over-enthusiastic. It was too noisy and to 'colorful'.

She enjoyed the Parade.

We brought our water and food and it wasn't confiscated at the entrance.

She really enjoyed meeting the characters although she was a bit scared at 1st so it was nice that there was no queue since each character took a bit of time to let her get used to them and 'play' together.

A great experience but we'll wait maybe for another year to go back so that she can really enjoy it.

And I also think Ocean Park is better and more interesting for such small age.

Mrs Miggins 18 yrs ago
We went to DL last Friday as well for my little guys 1st B'day. I have to say that we had a brilliant time and were exhausted after 6.5 hours of Disney. It is really clean, well laid out, beautiful gardens. We enjoyed the train, the walk, the characters we met. We went on the Winnie the Pooh ride twice (big hit). We also went to the Mickey Mouse Orchestra 3D show and the Lion King which was awesome. My boy also loved the parade. The only slight downside I would say is that the food is not what I would call food. We had to eat burgers and chips and the only decent restaurant was full (have to book on arrival). The other thing was that I was a bit dissapointed with the shops. There are lots of them but they do not seem to carry the extensive range of a Disney high street shop. We went thinking we'd do our Xmas shopping for everyone and came back with only a Winnie the Pooh baseball cap for my boy.

Anyhow, agree that a slightly older baby would get more out of it but our boy loved it and we will defo be back. As for Ocean Park, personally I think that compared to DL, OP is pretty cr@p.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad