malaysia

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by foxhole 18 yrs ago
Anyone have a great experience at a Malaysia beach resort? Thinking of Penang but also interested in considering other beach side cities.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Mita5chome 18 yrs ago
I love Langkawi, which is located at the northen part near malaysia-thai border. I have been there three times already and enjoyed very much the good hotels (try Tanjung Rhu, 4seasons or Datai-Andaman), beaches and of course the food (a mix of Malaysian - Thai cuisine).

Pangkor Laut is great too if you want to dig your wallet deeper.

foxhole 18 yrs ago
ever been to Penang?

dazed 18 yrs ago
Pulau Perhentian on the east coast is also lovely; less accessible and developed than Penang or Langkawi but more pristine, with much clearer water, coral reefs, great snorkelling.

In Penang good beachside hotels we've stayed at are The Lone Pine, Mutiara, Rasa Sayang. In Georgetown there's the E&O Hotel and also Cheong Fatt Tze Mansion (amazing restored Chinese villa). Hope dat helps.

jamiekoh 18 yrs ago
Penang is good for eating and eating-- foods are great and cheap. Don't think the beach is great. I will not miss pulau paya frm there(between Penang and langkawi). Great place for snorkling and diving or even just laze around. You get fishes...sometimes baby shark near to the shore.

foxhole 18 yrs ago
it is a trip for myself and3 girlfriends. Which has a better night life? Did you book your trips online or thru a travel agent?

AA 18 yrs ago
I didn't think Penang was that great, although E and O looked fab, night-life you might be better elsewhere

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad