Researching a case HELP!

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Claire 18 yrs ago
I think you might find it on the database WESTLAW, code HK-CS-ALL. To access it, you need a subscription or know someone with access.

Or go to City Hall or Central Libraries which have the CD-ROM version of "The authorised Hong Kong law reports & digest". It includes reported cases and covers 1905 onwards. It's reference material so you won't be able to remove it.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Chau/Maria 18 yrs ago
Or go to the High Court Library at

LG4, High Court

38 Queensway

Hong Kong

Weir & Associates

Tel: 852 2526 1767

Fax: 852 2868 3568

www.HongKongLaw.com/weirlaw

droogiebear 18 yrs ago
Great advice people. I have still not been able to find the case. I will go down to the High court library and Central Library tomorrow.

The only information I have is the principal magistrate JOHN BARTON, the year 85 or 6, and Sth Kwl Mags. Charge indecent assault by a US navy guy.

Can I search for all the magistrates previous cases?

I am dingbat.

Claire 18 yrs ago
Just had a friend take a peek at WestLaw database. She couldn't find the one you refer to but did find an assault case for a British Forces bloke called Stone. And also an assault case R v. Elvis Aaron Presley... no not that one.

Was it dismissed?

droogiebear 18 yrs ago
Thankyou so much Claire.

Dismissal may well be the situation. The verdict was a bind over. I am not a leagal eagle.

And that answers my question as to why I was advised to research personally through old SCMP papers during those years.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad