large potted plants

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by marcusboy 18 yrs ago
Does anybody know where I can find reasonably priced large to medium sized potted plants?

Thanks in advance

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Thames 18 yrs ago
I guess it depends what you call reasonable. Garden centres (e.g. Sai Kung) sell loads and loads of indoor/outdoor plants of different sizes at what I'd call reasonable prices, but the cost invariably bumps up considerably once you start choosing nice pots. Ceramic ones are very expensive - unless someone knows of a secret supplier?? - so if you want to keep the price down you'll have to live with the plants residing in the plastic ones they come in.

marcusboy 18 yrs ago
How much are these reasonable prices - in plastic pots?

Thames 18 yrs ago
Um, say the ubiquitous palm-type one (can't remember the name) standing about 35-40" high in its white plastic pot was about $100-$120, if I recall correctly, though price may have gone up since I bought some. Other, more foliage-y plants were anything from $60 for smallish ones to $1,000+ for large, bordering on small tree sized, plants. Difficult to say as I haven't bought any for over a year now and there are just so many to choose from in all shapes and sizes at the garden centres on the way into Sai Kung. You can probably find similar at the Flower Market - not that I've ever been there, but I'm sure I've read on past threads that you can buy decent plants there too.

marcusboy 18 yrs ago
Gee, thanks guys.

goldguy70 18 yrs ago
I am selling plants and trees cheaper than they are in the nurseries, from $10-$300 small, med and large ones, we are downsizing and we have too many. Come and have a look 98682157 HK Island

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad