Transporting dog to Melbourne

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by mrs o 18 yrs ago
Hi everyone. BEST quote we have for this is $20,000 HDK. Sounds a little rich. Any leads? Thanks.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
mrs o 18 yrs ago
Thanks saraheb but our dog is an alsatian/kelpie cross! She isnt huge but large enough. I dont think it's the flight or crate that are overly dear, it's all the transport out of db, the Aussie Quarantine paperwork, not to mention the $2,000 already paid for rabies blood test and vacc! We really love our dog! :)

Eddy 18 yrs ago
If you take your dog as excess luggage with a passenger, it is a lot cheaper then sending it by itself as cargo. And a lot less complicated as you can check it at the airport with you when you check in... Have a look at that option. Don't forget the export papers out of HK... easy and only cost less than 200 $ if you go to the office by your self ( or send your helper, just an MTR ride to Cheung Cha Wan with the correct certificate that will need to be stamped)...

goldguy70 18 yrs ago
Hello Mrs O

This price does sound right. You can not take your dog to Mel as excess baggage, it is more complicated than that. Have you got a quote from Stacey from Ferndale or Angela HK aeropets, these companies get everything moving and are on the ball as it is a 6 month process, 5 months here and 1 month in Oz. Don't try doing it yourself as you don't won't to hit a brick wall when you don't have the correct paper work.

Hope this helps.

kell 18 yrs ago
Mrs o

This quote is right we have just moved back to melbourne and it actually cost us about $4500 aussie. The price just adds up with the quarantine and all the paperwork. We used Ferndale to bring him to HK and to return him to Aus and were very satisfied with the service. Stacey knows the ins and out of australian customs as she is australian herself. It is expensive but worth it went you meet up again.

Kell

Eddy 18 yrs ago
I would like to know why you can not take your dog to Mel as excess luggage. I imported mine from France as cargo and it cost me 7800$ and just moved to the US and had him as excess luggage and cost me 1700$... you will have a lot of paper, export permit out of HK, i don't know about the import permit into OZ but for the HK part, it's very straight forward and easy. You need to see a vet within the 10 days of leaving, have a health certificate issued, have it stamped by the government authorities in Cheung Chan Wan and that's it... Actually, I took my dog on the plane(not with me in the cabin but at the back in a crate) had all the papers, and nothing has been checked, HK and US sides... It takes time but it't not that complicated....Not sure about the 5 months process in HK either... what is that about? I saw on the OZ website that it does take 5 months to get a space for the quarantine as all the facilities are folly booked. But Ive never seen something like that in HK.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad