Tourist Visa to India?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Moon6 18 yrs ago
Hi there,

I have already posted this question on GZ forum to ask, but I hope I can find some help here also re obtaining a Visa to India from its Consulate in HK. I'm not HKID holder, living in China. Does any reader here have experience getting one for your friends, relatives who are HK visiters before? I need to go to Mumbai urgently for 10 days. Thanks.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Claire 18 yrs ago
You need to be a resident of Hong Kong, Macau or Taiwan to apply for a visa at the Indian consulate in HK, unless you get special clearance from the Indian consulate/embassy in your home country. From its website:

+++

INFORMATION FOR VISA APPLICANTS

The Consulate General of India, Hong Kong issues Tourist/Business/Student/Employment and other types of visas to applicants who are residents of Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan. People with Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan ID cards can normally obtain a visa on the same day provided the application is complete in all respects.

PRC citizens can secure visas to India by applying to Indian Embassy, Beijing (Add: 1 Ritan Dong Lu, Beijing, Ph: 86-10-65321908, Fax: 86-10-65324684). However, PRC citizens holding Hong Kong ID cards can apply for visas at the Indian Consulate in Hong Kong.

Visas can also be issued to applicants who are not normal residents of Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan only after obtaining clearance from the Indian Missions in countries of their normal residence. A time period of 4 to 5 working days is required for processing the request of such applicants. Applicants under this category are required to pay HK$100/- towards telex/fax charges. The visa fee is to be paid after the clearance is received.

Moon6 18 yrs ago
Thanks Claire, your're a real source of Information. I noted what's written from its website too, but hope there would be some flexible in practice for a short time Visa. 2 years ago, I came to HK for getting my Visa (same day) easily, they did not even ask my working nor residence permit from the PRC. It must be out there some one who came to visit HK and got a tourist visa to India recently? I can't wait 4, 5 days in HK...

Claire 18 yrs ago
Indian red tape is not a simple quamire to navigate. The only people I know who got their visas in HK were residents. One couple got visas before arriving in Asia.

Is there no way for you to pop to Beijing?

Nachun 18 yrs ago
Ever tried getting a tourist visa to UK, US, Australia, or to Malaysia on an urgent basis??? Why single out Indian red tape?

Moon6 18 yrs ago
Nerver try Nachun because I dont need a tourist visa (short stay) to those nations you mentioned above. But how about my Indian Visa? Can you advise?

Thanks Claire, BJ however is too far, cost me to flight there from GZ, more expensive than flight to Bangkok, I believe. A friend from EU who worked in China got his 3 month Indian Visa in Bangkok last month anyway (same day issued). But I wish I could get one in HK.

TC 18 yrs ago
Why don't you call the Indian cosulate in HK and ask them direct? You'll get the definitive answer quicker than waiting for someone who has the actual experience to respond.

Moon6 18 yrs ago
Thanks TC, Ruth at Cliffort just advised me the same thing. However if you read her posting (GZ Expat) in response to my question, you would understand why I've tried so hard to get some advices here. Still laughing from Ruth's story. I will call Mr Joshi soon. Cheers.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad