Air Purifier

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Spockey 18 yrs ago
Hi!

We've finally decided to buy an air purifier. However, we are confused by the different specifications. Do you know of a good one that we can purchase?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Meiguoren 18 yrs ago
Well I'm in China but it's nice if you can go to a store that has a big selection and try to take a Cantonese speaker with you. I always find the selection overwhelming so I'll tell you what I settled on: Rather than one huge unit, I bought one small unit for each bedroom. Make sure the particle filter is HEPA quality (it should say HEPA in big letters, even if it's in Chinese it will have that). Look for Underwriters Lab (UL) for elecrical safety. I got one with an ionizer even though my doctor said that wasn't necessary. Look for units where the replacement filters are easy to find (purchase), easy to access and change. (I once bought a nice unit and then couldn't ever find replacement filters.) If getting a humidifier, make sure water reservoir is big enough to last a good long time and also very easy to change, clean and sanitize. Some extra bells and whistles include units that show how much more life is left in the filter. These just go by averages and I think may be a waste of money. You can check yourself by looking at the color of the filter cartridge. But a good vacuum cleaner too, and dust often, because in my lazy way I've found out that the best filter won't work if you don't keep the room clean already! ;-) Oh, and another trick here: my Chinese AC units don't have filters in them! My solution? I went to the pet market and bought aquarium filter rolls in bulk, cut the material to shape and put that in my AC units as makeshift filters. Those get dark grey with dust and I change them every 30 days.

Please support our advertisers:

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad