Hotel Wireless??

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by georgie10 18 yrs ago
Hi. Will be completing a course in HK and will be living in a hotel for about three months. The hotel offers wireless internet at $800HKD per month. Was wondering whether I have any other options. Thanks. Please excuse my ignorance - I haven't a clue!

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Goloh 18 yrs ago
For such a long stay, can you convince the hotel to make local calls free, and then survive with dial-up connections? Just a thought, if your own ISP has a local number. It does tie you to your room, though.

ldldjr 18 yrs ago
I don't know what the situation is in Hong Kong but in Ha Noi there are numerous cafes, etc., that have free wireless. I can't vouch for the quality, but no doubt it is a better deal than the hotel is offering you (check out other hotels when you get there - I think you should be able to find free wireless / hardwired ADSL.

the_poor_man 18 yrs ago
$800 is highway robbery. I think Netvigator offers a short-tem wireless package for travelers that will be much cheaper. You could use wireless at any Starbuck's or Pacific Coffee, as well as many other places if you go this route.

OK I've got a Netvigator brochure here. There's a prepaid service that offers 200 minutes for HK$48, valid for 3 months.

There's also a monthly plan that is $78 per month for unlimited usage, though I don't know how many months you have to sign up for to get this plan. Call 28880008 for enquiry.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad