chocolate chip cookies URGENTLY needed

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by asianbelle 18 yrs ago
hi there. this may sound very odd, but i am looking for someone to bake a couple batches of chocolate chip cookies for me.

you see, it is a potluck and i promised to bring cookies. it's not that i don't know how to bake them myself, but i neither have an oven nor the time to do it.

my friends expect me to just grab some from the store, but i would like to surprise them with some home-made ones.

i know i can probably find them at some gourmet shop, but i'm on a REALLY tight budget for the next two months due to Christmas. so, if any homemaker has the time, i would really appreciate it, as long as it's at a reasonable price.

i URGENTLY need them for Wednesday (Nov 15), before 6pm. can anyone PLEASE help me? i can meet you at central or tst mtr to pick them up.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
tly 18 yrs ago
I'll be doing some serious baking this afternoon and could squeeze in a batch of cookies for you. But how much are you willing to pay for 2 dozen cookies? I've never sold by baked goods before so it really depends on how much you're willing to pay.

asianbelle 18 yrs ago
hi tly! i am so glad i've found someone who is actually planning on doing some baking today! i don't really know what i should offer either, maybe around $50?. what is the lowest price you are willing to accept, taking into consideration the costs of your ingredients? please let me know asap. thanks.

tly 18 yrs ago
Have private message for you.

georgie10 18 yrs ago
tly, probably none of my business really, but I hope you said no in your PM...

"lowest price you are willing to accept" - $50? asianbelle, have you bought ingredients to make quality cookies before?

hkchoichoi 18 yrs ago
used to do "home baking" for parties in HK.

ingredients - butter and whatnot is quite expensive.

take at LEAST $11 HKD per cookie. (so at asianbelle's price - she's only getting 4.)

tly 18 yrs ago
thanks ladies =) so sweet of you guys to look out for me. Don't worry, I sent Asianbelle a messege listing how much ingredients costs and definitely 50 wasn't the way to go.

asianbelle 18 yrs ago
I am glad so many out there are looking out for you, tly....although I think it is highly unnecessary, based on the pm you sent me.

Perhaps I am just too new to Hong Kong, but back in North America, it only cost me around $15 US to make 3 dozen cookies, which works to about $100 HK. When I suggested $50, I wanted to know how many cookies that would get me, assuming about 16 or so maybe.

As I mentioned in my thread initially, it's not that I have never baked before. Being in Hong Kong just makes it difficult because I no longer have the luxury of a nice big kitchen and ingredients that are readily available. So, ladies, there is no need to jump on my case, as though I am doing this to deliberately exploit someone's labour and kindness. I was simply looking for someone who could help me out, since time is so limited, that's all.

truar 18 yrs ago
Why not just give in and go to Mrs. Fields? After 9:30PM or so, at some locations, the cookies are heavily discounted.

Babette 18 yrs ago
Asianbelle,

I hope you found your cookies! Another option, if you know someone with an oven, is to go to Wellcome and get a Betty Crocker mix, to which you add a stick of butter and an egg (cost of mix: about 40-50 HKD I believe and it makes 2 or 3 doz. cookies). They are "almost" as good as homemade-but you would need an oven of course.

The problem with chocolate chip cookies in HK, is that the chocolate chips themselves cost between 50 and 100 HKD-but you would only need half a bag for 2 doz. or so. The other ingrediants are negligible if you already have them (tsp of vanilla, etc).

ltake 18 yrs ago
I always find it amazing how others love to jump all over people for something they've posted! Must have nothing better to do with their time!

(Like me, I suppose....) :-)

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad