snacks for 8 months old

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Wheelymate 18 yrs ago
hi there,

my 8 month old (other than this week due to illness) does:

7am: 180ml milk followed by bowl of oatmeal porridge and fresh fruit

11.30am: 6 tablespoons of food (with protein)

2.30pm: 120-150ml milk

5pm: 6 tablespoons of food

6.15pm: 210-240ml milk

the milk intake is as good as it gets because he's never been a big milk drinker. what i have noticed is that he seems ready for food way before lunch and dinner. so i am wondering if i should introduce a healthy snack in between and if so, what are good snacks to introduce that are healthy and won't ruin his appetite for the actual meals?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Wheelymate 18 yrs ago
thanks for the suggestions.

what kidn of rice cakes do you use?

i have seen lots of teething biscuits so i might buy some to try. and he loves bananas so think it'll make a great snack.

i considered feeding him a bigger portion of lunch and dinner but while he is a good eater, there is only so much that his little tummy can take at one go!!

RiceT 18 yrs ago
Wheely -

We do ricecakes too. PNShop (and Bumps) sells the ones by Organix; they come in a airtight, metallic looking bag. There are plain and then there are ones with apple added.

We also do raisins. But watch the ingredients; believe it or not, some raisins have gel agents added to them and oils too. We buy the organic ones from Citysuper. PNShop (in Clearwater Bay, at least) have a few new organic lines out, but I had a look and the raisins they carry do contain more than just the raisins.

crj 18 yrs ago
The midwife told us to keep feeding the baby until he stops opening his mouth for more food - so you could try feeding him a bit more at mealtimes to see what he eats.

for snacks, do a search for finger food on this forum, there are a couple threads listing out lots of options!

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad