Shenzen- Americans be warned!!

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by forest 18 yrs ago
Hi My American girlfriend cld not get a visa at border not were they rude and unhelpful she had to queue for an hr and a half!! before being told Americans NO! The checks seemed to be extra 'tough' they made me refill my departure form as I didnt include my maiden name didnt bother explaining that" family name "meant surname only!

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
crj 18 yrs ago
Sorry you had such a bad experience.

It is based on reciprocity.

I believe China revoked border visas for Americans after America made visa restrictions harder for Chineese passport holders a few years ago.

I regularly have a multiple entry visa.

With my American passport I get fewer months and pay more than my husband does with his British passport. One time, he got 3 years and paid less than I did for 6 motnhs!

The visa regulations and prices change regularly, it is always a good idea to check before you go.

RiceT 18 yrs ago
I agree, never had a problem there. And they have a sign posted saying that Americans need a visa issued before getting there. I think I read a posting last time that said that British passport holders will also need to get theirs ahead of time as well...starting on a particular date? Can't quite remember; you just need to do some research to be in the know before you go.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad