Indian Groceries in Hong Kong

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Apu 17 yrs ago
Can someone help me find Indian Groceries in Hong Kong ...maybe a shop that delivers home? Thanks!

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
ldavy 17 yrs ago
Try the Indian Provisions Store in Yat Sin Street, Wanchai. No idea if they deliver though.

dss 17 yrs ago
Khim, do they sell saffron?

starbunyip2 17 yrs ago
Nathan Road, Tsim Tsa Tsui, under Chung King Mansions - there is a few good indian stores here and around here - Mirador Mansions also.

J's Aunt 17 yrs ago
There's a place that delivers called Maharaja 2756 5611

Thames 17 yrs ago
Could someone be kind enough to point me in the direction of the above-mentioned Indian grocery store in Yat Sin Road? Is it within walking distance of Wanchai MTR? I can't find the road on the YP map...

Thanks!

sunita26 17 yrs ago
ya but u have to walk more near pacify hotel the shop is inside but they delevery also i use only this one they delvery in tung chung also no is 28918324

bontheka 17 yrs ago
Thames, I found Yat Sin road on a simple Hong Kong tourist map. Try looking for Pacific Hotel, Canal Road East and Happy Valley Racecourse and you'll find it. Someone gave me a name card for an Indian Provision Stores at 34, Bowrington Rd, Wan Chai. I've not been there yet. I normally get my Indian groceries from Chungking Mansion.

788 17 yrs ago
J's Aunt, Where is Maharaja located? And am going to check out the one in Wan Chai. Thought the Bowerington one and this one were the same for some reason.

Apu, I would recommend checking all the shops out first before ordering. The one on Bowerington road one has cleaned up its act now but there is more room for improvement. I didn't feel like ordering from there the first time- I was a quite shocked at the mess, the lack of range blah blah given there are so many Indians who live here. I also checked it out because I did not want to get Thai or Pakistani substitutes for the brands/ products I wanted and then have to send it back. But, last month- they did have pretty reasonably priced Alphonsos.

oops, Apu is a veteran by now! this post is old.

Thames 17 yrs ago
Thanks for the info, bontheka! Picked up a $90 5kg bag of excellent quality Basmati rice from IPS in Bowrington St yesterday so I'm happy.

788, I didn't look at their (limited?) range of products, but will do so next time...

PKS_2010 13 yrs ago
Mirador and Chungking has most of the grocery stores. Here is list of stores at Chugking mansion

http://www.indiatohongkong.com/2011/03/indian-grocery-store-at-chungking.html

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad