baby crib

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by mmackay 17 yrs ago
We're expecting a baby at the end of the summer and starting to look at furniture. Any recommendations for good multi purpose cribs that will give us the most for the space? appreciate your help.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
hkchoichoi 17 yrs ago
love the pali crib.

can be turned into a toddler bed.

you can buy sheets in the US (if you are so inclined) which are far more economical than here.

Can also be turned into a co sleeper (one of the sides can be removed and you can lock the wheels next to your bed.)

Well2 17 yrs ago
I also recently bought a pali crib and pali mattress at windsor house causeway bay. Haven't used them yet cos bb due in june. But think it looks really nice. Am trying to order some crib beddings from some american online shops now :-)

hkchoichoi 17 yrs ago
Well 2

it'll be hard to order - but ?I think I remember that your friend is going?

the "good" and decent price bedding comes from

www.gap.com

www.potterybarnkids.com

www.target.com (much cheaper but the basic sets are VERY good. I just got basic sheets from there.)

the standard US crib is SLIGHLTY larger than the Pali crib - which is great because a lot of sheets shrink and then don't fit anymore on the US cribs, but I've never had the problem!

Well2 17 yrs ago
Hi HKCC, yup. A friend is going. I am just thinking maybe i can order online and get them delivered to my friend's address in the states. Then she can bring them back to HK for me :-)

If the beddding sets are too heavy for her to bring over, then i might just get them shipped to HK directly. Shipping cost isn't cheap though. About us$80 per set.

hkchoichoi 17 yrs ago
sheets aren't expensive - and they aren't heavy.

you found someone to ship to HK directly? I never had that luck while I was living there.

you just need 3 or more sheets (I have 4 and I use them all), a bumper (if you desire - mixed ideas about this one - good, bad, SIDS, protection) and the baby comforters - you actually don't use - because they are more for when your baby is older, can roll around and kick the covers off him or herself. So REALLY - all you friend needs to bring back are SHEETS - unless you like the whole cute set thing.

I'ts not that bulky - my husband had brought them back for me. IF your friend is a good friend and she doesn't have kids and her own stuff to lug back - well - I'd take advantage.

Germaine WS 17 yrs ago
If anyone knows of a way to buy baby gap whilst living in HK, please let me know. Thanks

Wheelymate 17 yrs ago
gap doesn't deliver overseas unfortunately. but if you ever visit singapore for a holiday, then you are in luck because we have like 3 gap stores now with lots of lovely baby gap stuff!! quite expensive though i find for babywear...

Well2 17 yrs ago
HKCC, yup i found some sites do ship to HK. But now i think i should just get my friend to bring over 4 sheets and a bumper. She is a really good friend. Think she won't mind. Thanks for your tips :-)

Well2 17 yrs ago
maybe also a dust ruffle. They look very nice.

hkchoichoi 17 yrs ago
dont' bother with the dust ruffle - just does that- COLLECT DUST...doesn't ruffle them away.

simpler is better - you can spend money on the bed when it comes time - that's more fun for both you and the baby.

Well2 17 yrs ago
Good point! Okay, fitted sheets and bumper only :-) Thanks

bennycat 17 yrs ago
Well2, could you tell me the sites that ship Gap to HK? Thanks

Well2 17 yrs ago
hi bennycat, sorry to have confused you. I actually meant i found some sites ship American bedding sets to HK. Brand like Lambs & Ivy, Kidsline..etc. Couldn't find potterybarn kids or GAP sorry.

Hi susicunningham, i went to ikea yesterday. Couldn't find crib sheet. But i bought their waterproof mattress protector. Very cheap and the material seems good. Actually is it that as long as the sheet is 100% cotton, which brand doesn't really matter? Or different brand makes diferent cotton?

anneNtim 17 yrs ago
Hi

Just wondering what size cot is best. I recently bought one from Eugene club and size is 49.5" x 24" (125cm x 60cm). The ones from B2B are slightly bigger (125 x 67cm) but as I only intend to keep the baby there till about 1.5yrs old then switch to a bed, do you think it's still to small? Appreciate any comments. THANKS!

jimmyjjohn 10 yrs ago
I have been searching for modern bedding for a nursery, but have not been able to find anything that would be appropriate for a boy or a girl. I love the bedding dwellbaby has to offer, but it does not seem genderless..... Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!! http://www.babybeddingdesign.com

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad