UK Tax Advice

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by choisum 17 yrs ago
Does anyone know of a qualified personal tax advisory in HK who can deal with UK/HK.

I checked the KPMG site -- but don't see anything there.

I am thinking of making investments in HK using money earned in HK and keeping these investments away from the UK.

I also have savings in the UK which I'd like to set aside if that's possible.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
jarrah 17 yrs ago
I believe BCI in Central are an offshore based UK company that could help you in this area. Try them on 3195 0949 for some advice.

choisum 17 yrs ago
'Keep away' means minimizing or deferring tax -- whatever is legitimate within UK tax law. I'd be relatively neutral on the disclosure point -- I'd welcome more information as I'm not well informed in this area.

'Set aside' -- I have cash savings in the UK which I'd like to invest. Being outside of the UK means an ISA (and presumably SIPP) vehicle is not available. Is it possible to use these funds to purchase a non-UK domiciled investment and defer/minimize tax even on returning to the UK?

If after returning to the UK I realize a capital gain (property or investment) on an asset purchased and domiciled in HK using funds earned in HK would capital gains be liable at the time it was sold? Or is the liability only due when and if the funds are brought into the UK?

janehoung 8 yrs ago
I am a British passport holder who has been living in HK for 30 years. To avoid full-time UK-resident tax, I am very careful about the 120 day per year rule. However, my aged mother is ill and needs a carer. Is it possible to live in the UK for longer than 120 days in order to care for her until she passes away without incurring a change in my tax regime?

Thank you for any advice.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad