International jurisdiction on wills

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by hoopunana 16 yrs ago
My husband and I need to make a will. He is British, I am American. We have 2 children and assets in numerous countries. If we make our will here in HK, will that cover us in all other countries? If not, what are our best options? Any recommendations on knowledgable and experienced solicitors in this area in HK?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
ekimaeray 16 yrs ago
I recently completed a set of Wills for myself and my husband with Professional Wills Ltd who are in Quarry Bay. They only do Wills and seem to have much more reasonable charges than some solicitor firms that I contacted.

They recommended that as we have assets in different countries we should have a seperate Will covering each place. We also appointed guardians for our kids in Hong Kong and recieved very good advice about estate planning and IHT for the future.

Their number is 2561 0526.

ekimaeray 16 yrs ago
Sorry, the number is 2561 9031

hoopunana 16 yrs ago
Many thanks for all the info. I will begin the follow-up. If anybody else has any suggestions, feel free to contribute! Aloha.

SPQR LTD 10 yrs ago
If you are still in need of a solicitor who can help you with your multi jurisdictional will requirements, try SPQR LTD - www.spqrltd.com. We specialize in clients based in HK with assets in more than one country.

Housemartin 9 yrs ago
Hi, I had a lawyer who used to teach law at university in both Australia and here in Hong Kong. Very reasonable, helpful and kind and he did my Will. He can be reached at jpar2@hotmail.com I was very happy with his work. He'd be more than happy to help. His name is James

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad