company refused to pay ( fitting model )

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by uglybetty1 16 yrs ago
what should I do ?

I m so upset . I m a model . A HK branch well known U.S lingerie booked me for 5 hours for fitting and I only needed for 2 hours .

in this industry. company booked models through agency since I didn't get this job through agency I don't know how to fight for my right .

let say company book you for a fashion show they will pay for certain amount for that time frame . no matter u finish early or not .( because once the models block their time slot they can't work for anyone else )

because I finish 2 hours early they should pay me the rest of the time for the job . I already wrote to the senior person but they didn't reply and I haven't receive my pay .

any suggestion ? should I write the the head office in US to let them know the case . I feel like they are taking advantage of me .

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
namaste 16 yrs ago
You needed to have them sign a written agreement prior to the booking if you want to go to the Labour Dept. to dispute it. Otherwise, they can really pay you how they would like to. Modeling agencies have booking terms and conditions that the client must agree to at the time of booking. Also, fashion shows are booked on different terms, being that it is a set show and so the model is paid for the entire show. If I were you, I would be happy they paid the 2 hours and write out some booking terms and conditions for next time ... or use an agent.

uglybetty1 16 yrs ago
I know a lingerie fitting model the company went over " 2 mins " she charged the department a full hour . and she has been working in the industry for over 10 years . can u believe it ?

celi.hk 11 yrs ago
You should contact a model agency called ELEGANCE model in HK. They are specialized in Fitting and they guaranty full salary even you work less than booking time.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad