Ski clothes

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by kakositee 15 yrs ago
Can anyone suggest somewhere to buy good quality ski clothes for adults and kids (a 3 year old).

We're not actually going skiing, but are going to northern europe for a holiday in February, and expect to be in snow most of the time.

Thanks.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
AimeeJ 15 yrs ago
Citygate in Tung Chung has a Columbia outlet and a La Fuma outlet - both good brands.

Failing that, Stanley market has loads.

neenib 15 yrs ago
If you don't want to pay top dollar, then Stanley Market, or Fa Yuen Street, Mong Kok markets. It's the shops to the side, not in the street.

kakositee 15 yrs ago
Thanks for your responses. However I went to Stanley and I didn't find kids stuff. Found some ski vests and some jackets that could work, but no pants. Is there a particular shop/stall that has them?

Also went to the place in Johnston Rd...I don't know if I had the right place but couldn't find any kids stuff. Did the shop you're talking about have kids gear?

Tung Chung and Mong Kok are a bit far to go with my little one.

Topol 15 yrs ago
There is a shop on Canton Road TST - opposite side of the road to Harbour City. The building is called Silvercord (I think there is a Silvercord I and a II - but it is the one with the large food court in the basement) the shop is on the first or second floor ... I think it is called the Outdoor Shop from memory. They stock North Face, Spider, and others .. from toddlers to adults.

kakositee 15 yrs ago
Thanks, will give that one a go in the next few days.

isonoawabi 15 yrs ago
There is one on sale in Sogo - children's department on the 6th or 7th floor. Cost about HK$1,200 trousers and top included.

informer 15 yrs ago
If you have not already got them then Stanley Market. Returned from a christmas skiing trip and can tell you the adult and kids ski clothes we got from there including the thermals were excellent even in -16!

kakositee 15 yrs ago
Where in Stanley did you get them? When I went all I could find were ski jackets and vests but no pants.

I also went to the Outdoor Shop in TST but they had sold out of the waterproof pants, and only had splash proof ones (which will not do for a boy who loves puddles).

Eventually decided we should go all the way out to Tung Chung - they also had no ski pants for little kids (only older kids).

I haven't tried the Mongkok place yet.

informer 15 yrs ago
In Stanley market we went to the shop about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way down on the left hand side - there were 2 or 3 shops there and they were packed with adult + kids ski gear, but all the good stuff was at the very back of the store. Definitely had lots of pants as we all got new ones. you may have to ask them for the smaller sizes.

frenchfamily 15 yrs ago
What about finding warm boots to wear in the snow. Does anyone know where I could buy those? Thanks

informer 15 yrs ago
Timberlands (bought in HK - Taikoo shing) worked well for us

LA Woman 15 yrs ago
I'm just looking around myself - first ski trip next month. Try Chomonix Alpine Equipment - Mongkok Exit E2. Walk 100 yards and it's on the right - on the corner of the Ladies Market' Rd. Thought the prices were reasonable and good quality. http://www.chamonix.com.hk/shop.html Other than the shops mentioned there's North Face and Columbia in Times Square, Mammut in TST and Mongkok, Patagonia and Aigle etc in Harbour City. In Stanley I saw a few Oakley and La Fuma items...along with lots of unheard of brands.

LA Woman 15 yrs ago
Oh, there's also Fun 'N' Snow in Sheung Wan (rather pricey) http://www.funnsnow.com/

kakositee 15 yrs ago
Do these places have waterproof ski pants (gortex) for 3/4 year olds? I tried North Face and Columbia in Times Square a while ago and they don't have small sizes - Columbia doesn't stock kids stuff in that store. North face had some splash proof pants but they'd sold out of the fully waterproof ones.

I have found heaps of stuff for myself in HK, but just can't find pants for my little boy.

Regarding boots, I've been told to buy fur/fleece lined waterproof boots for kids as their feet get cold very quickly. I haven't found any in HK to date, but haven't been looking that hard - figured I'd get them in Europe.

snowsports 11 yrs ago
You can get quality kids and adults ski pants from Fera's showroom shop in Central, tel is 3162 3441.

jasonbrockwell 9 yrs ago
There are ski and outdoor gear outlets in China Hong Kong City in Tsimshatsui - there is Columbia, Lafuma, and other brands.
Nearby, Ocean Terminal has full-price stores including Patagonia, Lafuma, Hagloffs and Aigle, and Gigasports - which sells Columbia, North Face and other brands.
Fun N Snow has very expensive high end clothing from Dainese, Spyder and other specialty brands.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad