Driving to Shenzhen

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by dizzyhytes 15 yrs ago
I need to go to Shenzhen but I can't stand that train ride from TST. Was wondering if I can drive towards Shenzhen but park somewhere near the MTR line and hop on, say near ShaTin or even closer to the border.

Any advice on how to get there and the best place to leave my car (shopping centre?) and hop onto the MTR East Rail?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Rosi 15 yrs ago
Yes, you can even drive closer to the border: Sheung Shui. There is a car park next to the station. It's the last train stop before Lowu. I think the hourly rate of the car park is HK$ 12-15.

homely 15 yrs ago
Definitely Sheung Shui. Board the train for just one stop to Lowu and one stop back on your return to Sheung Shui. Very convenient. The car park rate was very cheap years ago but I think it is still reasonable compare to down-town.

190k 15 yrs ago
You can drive to Lok Ma Chau park for $70/day(24 hrs) share a taxi $10, to the Lok Ma Chau crossing

bakfaiyau 15 yrs ago
There are buses from Kowloon Tong and Elements which use Shenzhen Bay. There are also other buses such as the Wanchai Ferry Pier bus which use Huang Guang. Otherwise of course you can enter via Lok Ma Chau, using Futian Kou An on the Shenzhen side.

These checkpoints are all shown on the "Map of Shenzhen" which you can buy in HK in Dymocks stores eg Princes Building

squeaktoo 15 yrs ago
Wow great, thanks for all the advice!

mixeymum 15 yrs ago
We always take the bus from Wanchai -much more direct and less than 45 mins and you're in China! Love it and it's only $45 too. Immigration is a breeze - no big lines like a Lo Wu.

jillybean 15 yrs ago
Better to park in Fanling (cheaper). There is parking right near the station for only $6 per hour mid week or $8 on weekends and you can cap it at $40 or $60 all day.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad