Christmas Holiday - Where to go?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by jassy67 15 yrs ago
We want to something different for Christmas.

Sun, beach, relaxing.

But where to go?? We have one active 4 yr old.

Tired of Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia.

Any suggestions? Phillippines, Malaysia???

We do not want really expensive 5 * resort, but still clean.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
elmtravel 15 yrs ago
Club Med in Cherating Malaysia is good. If you saty there you could get daily breakfast/lunch/dinner .Unlimited drinks and snacks . Night shows activities for free. If you are interested it you can visit our website(www.elmtravel.com)

jassy67 15 yrs ago
Thanks, will look into it.

Any other suggestions

Ed 15 yrs ago
I like Luang Prabang - the weather is superb at that time of year http://hongkong.asiaxpat.com/travel/destinations/luang-prabang/

cd 15 yrs ago
Don't think you would want a pool in the UK at christmas, its a tad too cold.....

jassy67 15 yrs ago
Thanks Ed. Another one, I have actually heard of it.

jushayward - no interest in the UK thanks,,,,, summer or winter

Singh is King 15 yrs ago
Check out Bohol - two hours off Cebu via ferry. Amorita Resort is where we stayed in an ocean facing villa with a private pool. Lots to do for a 4 year old, beach, massage, boat rides, river cruise, tarsier monkey watching, chocolate hills , snorkeling [ not for the kid], organic bee farm trips.....great for 5 to 6 days

jassy67 15 yrs ago
will check out Bohol also,

been to puerto galera, very nice but small. wonderful people

jushaywar, i want sun, sand, beach and outdoor pool - outdoor hot holiday, not cool indoors

jassy67 15 yrs ago
Bohol - Amarita is very expensive.

Which is nicer, better - Bohol or Boracay?

GemmaW 15 yrs ago
Maldives is best. Crystal clear water, peaceful, relaxing and most of all extremely private. Great for kids. We stayed at the Taj Coral Reef. We had our own private deck which led us straight into the water. Waistlength water and we could see all kinds of fishes and starfish swimming by.

jassy67 15 yrs ago
Would love to go to the Maldives, but, 1. it takes a few planes to get there and 2. it is very expensive (and over Xmas or close to it, it will be even more)

Thinking it will be more like Malaysia or Phillipines - Bohol, Boragay or Luzon???

Any ideas there

MommyTo3 15 yrs ago
We're going 5 nights to Kota. Didn't want to do Phuket / Bali. Cebu is nice too. West Malaysia has plenty to offer (Penang, Langkawi, Tioman, etc.), or Vietnam. We were thinking of Siem Reap first but with 3 small kids we'll wait another year. Keeping it simple.

trellick 15 yrs ago
if you want to get away from the whole 5 star resort thing try -

Phou Quoc Island in Vietnam;

Perehntian Islands in Malaysia (Tuna Bay resort).

SweetSue 15 yrs ago
We're planning on exploring the whole of Hainan island, R/T from HK to Sanya staying there for a few days then on bus around the perimeter of the island stopping of here and there for a couple of weeks.

Ed 15 yrs ago
You can get hotel deals here: http://hongkong.asiaxpat.com/travel/destinations/sanya/

Vanthedrummer 14 yrs ago
Mutiara Burau Bay Beach Resort Langkawi Island Malaysia...not exensive but posh eneough with private cabins on the beach and an award winning restaurant...don't let the four year old chase the monkeys...their not shy...hae fun

Van Man

Philly Cheese 14 yrs ago
Hainan - we were in Hainan over CNY time and that was rather cold. I'm not sure Christmas is any better. Second the Club Med Cherating suggestion but will require a transfer from KL. Fly to Singapore and take ferry to Bintan - Angsana is very affordable. I also like Koh Samui as well, lots to do but you said NO to Thailand. Kota kinabalu has an orangutan sanctuary at the Rasa Ria, good for kids.

What about somewhere further afield? - Melbourne - Great Ocean Road, Puffing Billy, etc.

kriskk 14 yrs ago
BORACAY IS FANTASTIC I went there 4 times last year with my clan-...but better for older kids.(I have older ones and a 4yr old.) There's horse riding, kite surfing and every watersport not to mention boat rides etc but it's hard to get accomodation so late and the extra cheap Cebu pacific flight is only going to Kalibo not Caticlan at the moment. By the way if anyone knows of a cheap family room available in Boracay for Chrristmas please leave a message ...I'll go!

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad