Gel Nail Help

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by momich 15 yrs ago
I have the exact same experience - I was sold the benefits of calgel versus normal gel by Nail Nail so I signed up a package with them. Inevitably a few of the calgel on my fingers will lift or break in less than a week, I was told that my nails require time to get use to the cal gel (in hindsight this is absolutely bullsh*t). I ended up going back to my natural nails as the calgel nails became way too expensive to maintain. If you really want to have gel nails, in my experience normal gel nails are more durable than cal gel and they do not lift like cal gel does.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
jassy67 15 yrs ago
Never heard of cal gel. I have regular gel nails and have no problem. That could get very expensive having to go back and get them done all the time

jassy67 15 yrs ago
The salon I go to is probably too far for you to come to. It is in Tung Chung. Not sure of the type of gel they use, but will find out on Friday and let you know.

Wow, 130 per repair, yikes, alot of money. I pay 0 for a repair.

bimmerboy 15 yrs ago
where is it in Tung Chung and no. pls? am interested! thanks!

jassy67 15 yrs ago
Nail Party in Tung Chung at Caribbean Coast shopping 3543 5020 ask for Maggie

Giggi 14 yrs ago
Beau nails in IFC does nice gel nails, and the gel seams to be good, strong and pretty..meaning it doesn't turn yellow.

cc03 14 yrs ago
Giggi, how much Is the gel nail in IFC??

Jassy67, how much is the nail in carribean coast? And is it still open der?

kittiefish 13 yrs ago
The place I work at is pretty good. its between central and sheung wan

Hardly any lifting and lasts a long time.

calgel and soak offs are more of a gimmick to sell to clients who cannot change the mentality, thinking that soaking off actually damage less of the nail....which really is an illusion. Besides acetone or the remover is not meant to be in contact with the skin for 15-20 minutes (as used in soak off).

96635639 ask for Melody

katrinalam80 13 yrs ago
I have tried OPI soak off gel nail! Didn’t have any problems with it, and it could last for 3 weeks! I did it in Rainbow Nails in Central, may u could try it!

Read this article, it’s the exact thing that I did~

http://www.beautybuzzhk.com/2010/04/rainbow-nails-opi-axxium-soak-off-gel-review/

mmchk 13 yrs ago
hi , did you try the CND shellac gel?? i have it done for few time, and it last for 3 weeks!! and my nail technician will go to my house, save me lots of time from traveling around~ i also know she do the hard gel and acrylic, you can try to ask her :) here's her no. 54887668 mei

muimuims 12 yrs ago
I do my normal gel nails in Tst and you will be amazed how cheap they are!!

Just $200 for full set! I get it done every 3 weeks, very strong,no problems so far'

Here is the number if anyone is interested 9868 7592 just opposite Isquare next to Chungking mansion! They do have soak off gel too but not sure of the price.

italyitaly 11 yrs ago
Hi there, I'm also doing CND shellac gel and I recommend it. I use to do gel nails years ago and I have to say: shellac last as long, it has many brilliant colours and it's a lot faster to put on/take off. I love it and I wanted to share it ;)

annafang 11 yrs ago
Nail Nail - I believe is the only CalGel salon in HK. They are expensive but mine last one month. CalGel is from Japan and also now popular in the US. I think it depends on the manicurist. I travel a lot and handle luggage and are rough on my hands. The CalGels prevent splitting, cracking, etc. If you had a bad CalGel experience - maybe an inexperienced manicurist. CalGel is organic - meaning - less chemicals than Acrylic and Gel tips which are bad for you. Anyhow, that's my experience with Nail Nail. Being the only nail salon in the IFC (by rule of the IFC) - their prices are expensive due to the rent.

Janiffer 11 yrs ago
I like Nail Shop in central 2899 2926

They done good job .

maz27 11 yrs ago
http://www.lavalnail.com/ - they are located in Central opp closed down H&M down from Top Shop. You even get an ipad to watch movies though make sure you have headphones. Really pleased with the glitter nails I got there the other day.

spreacle 11 yrs ago
Looks like my last post was deleted, I guess not OK to put the phone number?

Anyway for those near TST looking for gel nails, my current go-to is Micanail http://micanail.com

Japanese style, fairly long-lasting (4+ weeks). I usually choose from the monthly nail designs which are a discount (around 750, some designs are quite detailed).

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad