NOW to i-cable.... EPL

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Wiz Bang 15 yrs ago
choose the lesser of two evils.

i-cable have the worst customer service hotline reputation.... that is if you could get through to them. once you clinched the deal with their sales people, you are on your own. also they make it harder for you to cancel subscription / contract.

at least with pccw, it's easiER to get through their hotline, and they have shops around town so if you have any q's then you can pop by their stores.

end of the day, it really depends on what you're after

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
tpol 15 yrs ago
Get a credit card, subscribe to I-Cable with it.

When you request termination, cancel the card.

Riceman 15 yrs ago
If you only want the EPL, then you haven't got many choices really have you? My deal runs out with NOW next May but I can renegotiate a new deal with them from February. I think I'll be cancelling the Sports Mega Pack now that i-Cable have taken EPL back and opt for other channels instead.

As for the EPL, it was an absurd amount NOW paid to get exclusive rights in the first place and I'm just wondering how much i-Cable paid to buy it back?...this only equates to more money for the greedy clubs and massively over paid stars in the EPL. Nonetheless, NOW seem to be doing good business so much so they can afford to let the EPL go to their rival.

christian_moore 15 yrs ago
On a plus side, we now get to see childish football presenters wearing silly pink jackets talking nonsense in a language some of us don't understand

moorthe 15 yrs ago
They paid 1.5bn. HKD

I signed an extension to my NOW TV around May this year. Now I find out that they will not be getting EPL, I am not happy about this as my contract is until 2011. If anyone else has signed for the Mega sports package recently please call NOW to voice your concerns, I do not want to pay the same amount for Premiera league, as there are only 2 teams worth watching there.

I read in the paper that NOW are prepared to discuss discounting fee, anyone have any information on this? When I called up they said they will discuss with me after May.

Tbh, Im thinking about moving to I-cable, as we cant even watch the World cup in terrestrial.

We have 1 TV station that beats the living crap out of the other, drawing in alot more money from Advertising and selling its contracted celebrities for events, yet they wont spend the money on WC matches..

Riceman 15 yrs ago
aussieinla, it's excellent that you've been able to negotiate some good freebies there as it's amazing how much these companies hold off. actually i play that card all the time when it comes to renewing contracts in the sense that i've been a loyal customer of theirs since day one blah blah blah and they do often bend over backwards to accommodate you (still using the original version of NOW unit...the one that's as wide as the VHS video players).

Nykolai 14 yrs ago
Any ideas how much it will cost to subscribe to Cable TV for 2 months? I just want to watch the World Cup? And unfortunately I signed a 2 year extension with Now TV a few months back.

Nykolai 14 yrs ago
Most games are at night or past midnight. I rather watch the games in the comfort of my home to be honest (I also have 2 young kids)... Any ideas?

moorthe 14 yrs ago
Does anyone know if there is a way of getting out the NOW TV Sports mega package deal which I am currently paying over 200 HKD for. I only subscribe to this service because of EPL and I am willing to pay till May. However, when the season ends they have offered me a 98 dollar deal to continue subscription, with the promise of La Liga.

I do not want to watch La Liga and really not up for this "deal" they have offered. As far as Im concerned the contract should be cancelled as I signed due to EPL.

Anyone have any solution to this problem? My contract was extended in Feb this year via phone sales and will last through Feb 2011

Ofcourse they made no mention of the fact that they will not get EPL

Really appreciate some feedback and or solution on this

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad