Moving & Living on South Lantau

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by cassy27 14 yrs ago
Can anyone please give me some advise regarding living on South Lantau we are planning to come over a take a look but would also like to hear from anyone who cand advise on the following:-

Can we have two car permits as we have two cars.

Can anyone recommend a mover and is it expensive to move from HK island. Do I need to find someone with a permit to drive on Lantau

Does anyone have recommendations regarding property agents.

I know there are ferries to Central but are there regular busses to an MTR station or Airport/Disney

Many thanks

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
TTD 14 yrs ago
We made the move from the city 2 years ago and it is the best move we made! Obviously it depends where you live on Sth Lantau, but driving to the ferry takes me 5 mins or I drive to Tung Chung to catch a train (15mins away) so getting to town is now problem though you do rely more on timetables eg. ferry. Buses are fine too are fairly regular. I find though that i don't need to go to town as often as what I thought I would as most of what I need (eg. groceries) is in Mui Wo or Tung Chung.

As for permits, for residents of Sth lantau, as far as I know, they are issued when you provide a bill from your Sth Lantau address - as many places may only have one for example, one electricity bill, for that address, then only one permit is issued. (there are some exceptions though) I can't remember where the information is regarding permits, try the transport dept.

As for moving, we had no hassles - the movers we used organised everything - they will drive to Tung Chung and then trucks are changed and a truck with a lantau permit is used and the move continues!! (that is how it was with us...) As for expense, it will all depend on how much you have - we just got a few quotes form some movers mentioned on here and went from there.

There are a few agents out here (all based in Mui Wo). Home Solutions, Proper Trip, Findley Leung as Cara mentioned, Easy reach. I've used the first two and have been more than happy with them.

The best thing to do would be to come and have a look and if possible have someone (an agent?) show you around. It is great - we have young kids and as I said before, it is the best move we made in terms of what we wanted - more space, easy lifestyle and a wonderful warm and friendly community. If you need to know anything else, just send me a message!

Good luck!

chillifontain 14 yrs ago
Hi, i'm so pleased to find finedly leung here. We are a couple from the UK and been looking for a village house as we want to have a car, balcony /garden. We found it so diff to rent a village as we don't know where to look for! We just checked out the website and we consider to move in April. We now are living in Tung chung but would love to move to Tong Fuk Village.

TTD 14 yrs ago
To help you along... (I should have included this on my other reply!!)

www.homesolutions.hk (ask for Jennifer)

www.propertrip.com.hk (ask for Aaron)

www.findleyleung.com.hk

www.easyreach.com.hk

chillifontain 14 yrs ago
Hi TTD, you're my star ! Thanks!!

cassy27 14 yrs ago
Thanks for the information I am coming to Lantau Thursday to have a look at some properties - very excited

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad